01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

problems with IE

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I am trying to format the HDD on my Hikvision NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B)

I cannot seem to get at the HDD via any of the menus on the actual NVR. Before all of the updates that have been put in place, there used to be an HDD icon in the main menu which you could click on and that was quite easy.

If I should be doing the formatting via IE, I have a problem in this regard because I just cannot get at my system through that anymore. When I try to get in, I keep getting a message to say that an updated plugin is available but, when I try to install it it just gets blocked by Malwarebytes.

Which way should I go about the formatting procedure please?

I have (hopefully) attached an image of the plugin that is being blocked. I have tried adding it to the 'accept' list in Malwarebytes but I can't get over that hurdle either.

Am I correct in thinking that you can't use another browser other than IE ?

Thanks for any help.
Plugin error.jpg

Is there any reason you can't disable Malwarebytes in order to upgrade the plugin? Or add it to the whitelist?

Hello again @Bluenose1940 - I guess you're now on the newer version 4 firmware on the NVR which looks quite different. The storage menu where you format the drive is definitely still there but I've forgotten how you get to it on that model!

The first thing to check you're on the right menu on the NVR - if I remember correctly toward the lower left of the screen once in the menu there is an icon that allows you to switch between "Easy" and "Advanced". Advanced just opens up all of the available options so you might then see the storage menu there once you've done that. If not - I did also notice that the maintenance menu on the new firmware has moved and is practically hidden (it caught me out). There's an icon in the upper right corner of the screen for that and it initially brings up a small window then clicking within it opens up a full screen menu.

Have a look and if you still can't find the menu post back here. I'm popping out for the morning but I have a new 7604-K1/4P in stock for a job next week and can power it up this afternoon to find the exact location where you format the disk.

PS - have a look at the other post I put on here: DS7604-K1/4P(B) - Firmware Issues V4.30.061 in case "Enhanced SVC" is on by default since you're firmware update as this caused me some issues (post number 14 in that thread has a video with the issue)

Hi JB1970, lovely to hear from you. Hope you and yours are all well.

Yes, I found that 'Enhanced SCV' was enabled and so I've disabled it now. Thanks for that.

Also, I've found the Easy Mode' and 'Expert Mode' in the bottom left hand corner but still haven't found the 'format' option. I did manage to format the HDD yesterday via IE but, as I've mentioned in another thread, I can't get fully into that at the moment (no Live View available) as the system keeps asking me to download the latest plug-in which is being blocked as Malware by Malwarbytes. Someone has suggested i disable Malwarebytes whilst downloading the plug-in but I'm a little reluctant to do that. It's a shame that we can only access Hik-Connect via IE and no other browser.

Last edited:
Hi JB1970, lovely to hear from you. Hope you and yours are all well.

Yes, I found that 'Enhanced SCV' was enabled and so I've disabled it now. Thanks for that.

Also, I've found the Easy Mode' and 'Expert Mode' in the bottom left hand corner but still haven't found the 'format' option. I did manage to format the HDD yesterday via IE but, as I've mentioned in another thread, I can't get fully into that at the moment (no Live View available) as the system keeps asking me to download the latest plug-in which is being blocked as Malware by Malwarbytes. Someone has suggested i disable Malwarebytes whilst downloading the plug-in but I'm a little reluctant to do that. It's a shame that we can only access Hik-Connect via IE and no other browser.
In case you ever need it again, I just installed the same model today @Bluenose1940. After clicking the settings icon at the top of the screen, the Storage menu is in the list of menu items on the left hand side of the screen. Once clicked, the screen appears and you just tick the box to the left hand side of the listed drive, then click "Init" at the top of the screen to format it.

In case you ever need it again, I just installed the same model today @Bluenose1940. After clicking the settings icon at the top of the screen, the Storage menu is in the list of menu items on the left hand side of the screen. Once clicked, the screen appears and you just tick the box to the left hand side of the listed drive, then click "Init" at the top of the screen to format it.
Got that now, thank you JB1970. I'll remember that in future.

Back