01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware PTZ Firmware issue

DIMUC

The issue relates to the Hikvision Darkfighter camera model DS-2DF8223I-AEL. Iam trying to update the firmware from the current version to latest version, however the camera fails to update and results in the cameras going offline and unreachable from HIk-connect, NVR or via browser access. Firmware updates were attempted via the NVR and browser resulting in the same outcome. The method that I use to recover the camera is using TFTP.

TFTP allows me to restore only the current version of the fimware but not any other version. I have tried earlier firmware's and incremental firmware's but they fail.

Current version: V5.3.8 build 150722
Latest version: V5.4.0 build 160613(Released)

Could I ask if I am using the correct latest firmware version for this camera?
Has anyone come across a similar issue before?

This is a genuine UK purchased PTZ, however it is now out of warranty.

Hi @DIMUC

v5.4.0 is not actually the latest version for this PTZ model, the latest firmware is v5.5.2

Please try this version and let us know how you get on.

Actually I did just check and it was the IPD_R3_EN_STD_V5.5.2_Build171201 firmware I was installing and failed. I also tried the update on a exact same model camera within the same network and it was the same outcome.

What NVR model do you have?
Is your PTZ plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR or a separate PoE injector/switch?
You said above that "Firmware updates were attempted via the NVR and browser", does this mean you have tried updating the firmware from a direct monitor and when accessing the NVR with a browser?

NVR: DS-7716NI-I4 / 16P the PTZ is plugged directly into the NVR PoE port I have attempted firmware via a USB plugged into the NVR and also via the camera browser interface under maintenance.

I don't recall seeing an option to upgrade specific cameras via the NVR browser interface under maintenance.

So you have logged directly into the PTZ camera using Virtual Host? And even when logged directly into the camera the firmware update is not working?

Have you unzipped the firmware file and updated using the digicap.dav file inside?

So you have logged directly into the PTZ camera using Virtual Host? And even when logged directly into the camera the firmware update is not working?

Have you unzipped the firmware file and updated using the digicap.dav file inside?
That's correct and yes I have unzipped the file :) before starting the upgrade process.

That is very strange, which browser are you using to do the upgrade? Internet Explorer is recommended especially as you are currently running older firmware.

If that doesn't work then the only other thing I can recommend is to install iVMS-4200 and update the firmware through that software instead.

Back