01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ Menu missing on NVR

sh1513

Just set up a DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR with a new DS-2DE4A225IW-DE PTZ camera.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere in the forum, but no-one has given a proper answer.

Hikvision PTZ smart tracking duration settings - help please
DS-7608NI-K1 - missing image settings and PTZ menu entry missing (firmware v4.30)

When connected to the camera on a PoE switch via the browser, there is a PTZ menu and you can configure Park Action etc. however, when the camera is connected to the NVR on a PoE port...using the same browser, the PTZ menu simply does not exist!

Both the camera and the NVR are on the latest firmware versions, and I have tried using IE, Chrome, Edge browsers etc.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed? Because apart from the storage capacity, the NVR is pretty much pointless without this option.

TIA.
Simon

Solution
Hi @sh1513

Some menus are camera specific and cannot be accessed from the NVR menus in a browser, to access the PTZ menus you will need to enable Virtual Host and login to the directly connected PTZ camera and edit the PTZ settings in the camera menus.
Hi @sh1513

Some menus are camera specific and cannot be accessed from the NVR menus in a browser, to access the PTZ menus you will need to enable Virtual Host and login to the directly connected PTZ camera and edit the PTZ settings in the camera menus.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back