01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ-N2404I-DE3 - Firmware - no web sockets

whiteduck22

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help please. I have two questions - first is I thought that by updating to the latest firmware for PTZ-N2404I-DE3 I would be able to use Chrome/Safari on my Mac and avoid using IVMS-4200 but sadly this doesn't work. FW = V5.6.16 build 200925 - does this mean the camera is too old to support web sockets or am I missing something - I tried the (D) version of the firmware but it failed to upload?

Secondly I have a NVR-108MH-D / 8P - this is running - V3.4.99 build 180706 - clicking on Update returns that this is the latest version.

I've been a fan of Hikvision/Hilook but the features and apps are starting to look very tired compared to Nest cams, Ring and even Reolink 4k series. Perhaps time I switched?

Thank you!

Best regards
Ian

@Dan I don't suppose you know if there is any other browser support for Mac as IVMS-4200 isn't great - I previously used SeaMonkey but this doesn't work now? Also the links to the plug-in on the Hikvision site no longer work as it seems Apple have updated something that has broken the plug-in for good!

Thanks a lot !

Update (NVR): I have managed to update the NVR firmware to V4.30.010 build 200715 but it still doesn't support Chrome/Safari i.e. web sockets so iVMS-4200 appears to be only Mac option and am I right in saying there is no IoS app that allows complete config / motion zone setup etc?

Update (PTZ): i found later firmware for the PTZ camera on HIKVISION UK PORTAL but I get a firmware mismatch for anything I try including selecting the same fw as installed. However I finally managed to download the firmware from here - PTZ-N2404I-DE3 - I selected the (C) version but still no web sockets...

Last edited:
Hi @whiteduck22

Unfortunately, Hikvision's support for Mac users has always been poor and for HiLook models like the ones you have, I would not expect them to bring any updates that will improve how they perform on a Mac.

I would recommend investigating a new system from a different brand that offers either well-designed Mac software or offers support for modern browsers. The professional Hikvision product range does offer better browser support but a full professional Hikvision solution will cost you more than double what the HiLook system cost you.

Back