01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ with WDR makes moving images pink / ghost?

LoneEdge

Hello, First time posting on the site. I am getting a problem with pink ghosting with moving images on my Hikvsion PTZ camera DS-2DE4A425IW-DE I am using a DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR.

This only happens when WDR "Wide Dynamic Range" is Enabled. When it is off the colors seem quite washed out without it enabled.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

I have tried:
Factory resetting camera and NVR
Updating camera and NVR
replacing ethernet cables
used a POE switch to power the camera
used AC mains to power the camera
tried H.264, H.265, H.265+
changed the max bitrate
tried changing resolution FPS

I can't seem to figure out why it is happening..

have found that changing the max shutter limit to 1/195 instead of 1/30 seems to help the problem but soon as the sunset the camera image becomes black and is not visible if anyone has any suggestions or solutions to why this might be happening I would appreciate it.

IM.png

That purple/pink effect looks like a chromatic aberration when you shift the focal point. Does this only happen in the live preview when panning the PTZ, or is it present in the recorded footage too?

I agree with @StewartM that you should check the playback, also if the camera is connected remotely via a PoE injector/switch it may be worth logging into the camera directly using a browser to see if the ghosting appears there as well.

The other thing to check is that the camera is using the latest firmware which for this model is v5.6.15 (pay attention to the instructions at the portal and make sure to update to v5.6.11 before v5.6.15 if you are on an older firmware)

I agree with @StewartM that you should check the playback, also if the camera is connected remotely via a PoE injector/switch it may be worth logging into the camera directly using a browser to see if the ghosting appears there as well.

The other thing to check is that the camera is using the latest firmware which for this model is v5.6.15 (pay attention to the instructions at the portal and make sure to update to v5.6.11 before v5.6.15 if you are on an older firmware)

It happens on the live preview and on the browser it is when fast-moving objects are passing by such as a car or when I move the PTZ.

Happens on my monitor which I have connected NVR > Monitor via HDMI. I have even replaced the HDMI cable and even when logging in to the web interface I get the same pink effect.

I am also on the latest version and followed all steps correctly online my version is (V5.6.15 build 191211)

Sorry know this is an old thread. Leaving this here incase anyone has the same problem.

Changing the WDR setting from the default 50 > 20 (other WDR setting probably work too) fixed this for me.

The purple hue was in the recorded video footage too btw.

Reactions: Dan
Back