01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Push Notifications on HikConnect - videos are 14 minutes long?

Fadburty

Hi,

I was wondering is there a way to shorten the videos you receive on the push notification via Motion Detection/Line intrusion on the HikConnect as the playback videos are 14 minutes long?

Thanks

Hi @Fadburty

Is the scene you are recording very busy/lots of motion?

Are all the smart event notifications 14 minutes long or do you get different length videos?

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply, I believe the actual video lengths vary from 7 minutes to 23 minutes.

I wouldn't say the road is that busy, but I have a suspicion during the night when a cars headlights hit my driveway this causes the line intrusion and motion detection to be activated.

Furthermore, I am getting an error message (Please see attached). One final point, I have had few instances where someone has come on to the driveway and I didn't receive a push notification for this? I've even increased the sensitivity.

Edit- I've tried using the play back on the NVR and it says "No Video found"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200729-083112.jpg
    Screenshot_20200729-083112.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
ok, so the changing length of the event notifications is probably just down to repeated triggers extending the length of each notification. (e.g. if the event is triggered multiple times very close together they will all be clumped together into one notification) When you are actually recording by event you can set a pre/post record time to try and limit the duration of each event recording, but the same cannot be done for event notifications.

The only way to reduce the length of these notifications is to play around with the event settings to reduce how frequently the events are being triggered.

In regards to the 'No Video' error, Do you see this on all the cameras you have or just one specific model? If it is just one model which model is it?

How do you have the recording schedule for the problem camera set? Continuous, motion, event, or something else? (can you send us a screenshot of the recording schedule for the problem camera)

Hi Dan

At the moment I only have the hikvision ds-2cd2555fwd-i mini dome. I've noticed sometimes it played the video once the event has been triggered and other times it fails to do so. In the even when an error message comes up I am unable to view live view from the HikConnect app. The recording schedule is on Continuous at the moment. (please see attached)

When the video is unable to play back, the thumbnails do not appear but a consistent bell is presented suggesting at glance the video will it play before the error message appears. (See attached picture)

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200805-205614.jpg
    Screenshot_20200805-205614.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot_20200805-205934.jpg
    Screenshot_20200805-205934.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 194
Hi @Fadburty

What version of the app are you running? (you'll find the version number under More > About)

What firmware version is the camera running?

Hey

Firmware version of camera is V5.6.5 build 200316

HikConnect 4.6.2.0724

Hope that helps

Thanks

Thanks, I missed your comment earlier about the NVR.

What model of NVR do you have? Are you saying that you get no continuous playback on the NVR either?

Can you share a screenshot of your HDD management page? (you will find it under Storage > Storage Management)

No problem. I have a 7604 (B) this is on the latest firmware.

I'm unable to double check if the NVR is unable to playback that subset of population as it lists today's events and so far it is working in the NVR and the HikConnect. Is there a way I can view this on the NVR in particular to yesterday's events at 8pm I think.

Please see attached (I've added the recording schedule on the NVR and the Streams setup for main stream etc)

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_101733.jpg
    IMG_20200806_101733.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20200806_101720.jpg
    IMG_20200806_101720.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20200806-101750.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-101750.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 157
If you go to the Search menu (centre icon with the magnifying glass) and click Event you can then select individual cameras and search for the event type you have set and any date or time you want to look at.

Thanks, it seems to be working on the NVR. When I double check that subset of population some are working now, but when press play on some of the others it doesn't play and has the refresh button appearing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200806-104045.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-104045.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 213
Hi @Fadburty

I am discussing this issue with Hikvision support as we have not seen this before.

Can you confirm the exact firmware your 7604(B) NVR is currently using?

Hey

Thank you for looking into this Dan.

Please find attached with the requested info.

Regards

Attachments

• NVR info.jpg
    NVR info.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 159
Thanks @Fadburty

Hikvision Support is trying to replicate the issue.

If you are happy to could you share your Hik-Connect username & password with us via email (info@use-ip.co.uk) so Hik support can test the issue with your account?

(you can always change your account password after testing is complete and if you don't want us to know the details you can just email us a generic email and we will share your contact details directly with our Hik support contact)

I've emailed the details as the issues are becoming consistently annoying

Back