01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Pyronix Cube Camera - Stops Recording when Motion

sportaholic

Hi everyone, I have an issue with one of my internal HikVision Cube cameras. When detecting motion, it freezes recording. You then need to forward the video to a point when recording picks up again. If you don't forward it enough it keeps restarting and then freezing again. On occasion it will handle the first motion, but then freeze on a second motion.

The recording is like this on both via the HikVision web viewer, and the app, which means the recoding on the NVR is impacted.

This particular camera is hardwired, and not over wifi. I have two Cube cameras (and 2 external cameras), and I don't get this issue with the other cameras.

Cube camera setting is 1080p, bitrate variable, video quality medium, frame rate 12, max bitrate 4096, encoding h.264.

Have you updated it to the latest available firmware?
What model is the camera?
Which firmware version is it running?

I actually haven’t tried that. Only via the app and web browser that logs directly into the NVR. Both have the same issue on playback. Will direct via monitor be any different?
If playback direct from the NVR is ok you may have another network problem.

I have an update. I swapped my two internal cameras. Now the upstairs camera (which is now downstairs) is having the same issue. The issue isn’t camera related but network related.

The only difference between the two network wise...

Downstairs camera is connected to a network switch. Which is then connected to a router via a long Ethernet cable. I connected it this way due to losing wifi connection.

Upstairs camera which has no issues is connecting over wifi.

Is the solution to try wifi again on the downstairs camera? Or replace my network switch?

Thanks

I have an update. I swapped my two internal cameras. Now the upstairs camera (which is now downstairs) is having the same issue. The issue isn’t camera related but network related.

The only difference between the two network wise...

Downstairs camera is connected to a network switch. Which is then connected to a router via a long Ethernet cable. I connected it this way due to losing wifi connection.

Upstairs camera which has no issues is connecting over wifi.

Is the solution to try wifi again on the downstairs camera? Or replace my network switch?

Thanks
try to stay with the cable and see if it can be fixed
Can you connect the camera to a spare port on the switch?
are the Ethernet cables factory made or hand made?
do you have any spare Ethernet cables you can use for testing?
if you have a female to female rj45 adapter connect the camera cable to the router cable.

try to stay with the cable and see if it can be fixed
Can you connect the camera to a spare port on the switch?
are the Ethernet cables factory made or hand made?
do you have any spare Ethernet cables you can use for testing?
if you have a female to female rj45 adapter connect the camera cable to the router cable.
Ok. Just tried connecting it to a different switch on the port. I’ll see how that goes.

Ethernet cables are factory made.

Next option will be an alternative Ethernet cable. The one I’m using was a brand new flat one.

I don’t have a female/female connector, but understand what you mean. I did try an alternative network switch (an old one) and it made no difference.

Ok. Just tried connecting it to a different switch on the port. I’ll see how that goes.

Ethernet cables are factory made.

Next option will be an alternative Ethernet cable. The one I’m using was a brand new flat one.

I don’t have a female/female connector, but understand what you mean. I did try an alternative network switch (an old one) and it made no difference.
For testing move everything to the router and try a different router Ethernet port.

Back