01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Recommendations for a 12 Camera System - Darkfighter or AcuSense?

norahbattie

Hi newbie here,

We are looking for a 12 camera install for our domestic property (well that's what we have been recommended). We can't choose between the accusense or dark fighter hikvision cameras and which nvr to go with.

My car was stolen off our drive so I've become security mad. Used to have sleepless nights after the event for about 18 months. Our drive is approximately 6m deep onto our road and our back garden approximately 8m deep.

I have read the info about both cameras but no clearer on our decision.

Hubby would like to go for cheap analogue ones and when prices come down for IP cameras, I don't agree due to quality of image.

We have cat 6 cables everywhere and just need to buy the cameras and nvr/dvr. Our electrician will fit them, my question is....

What cameras to buy and why please?

Thanks

Hi @norahbattie

Our recommendation for spaces that are smaller than 10m would be the DS-2CD2545FWD-I 4MP Darkfighter Mini Dome as it has a shorter 10m IR LED range which makes it much better for covering faces close to the camera without whiting out those which is common if you use the higher power 30m IR of most of the other Hikvision models.

Another option would be the DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4MP ColorVu Turret as these use different hardware/software to achieve a colour image at night, it does have a built-in visible white LED floodlight but if you have street lighting or motion floodlights already in place you can disable the built-in light and just use the light in the scene. There are some examples of what you would see from a ColorVu camera HERE

For the NVR we would recommend the DS-7616NI-I2/16P 16-channel NVR

I use ColorVu cameras and cant fault them they reveal much more detail being colour at night than the previous IR cameras i have used...although that was a few years back so may well be better these days.

Reactions: Dan
ColorVu and AcuSense both good choices. If you need reliable alerts if someone is loitering on the drive you'll be better with the AcuSense as it's easier to filter out unwanted false alerts. If you don't use AcuSense consider installing an external PIR at the same time connected to the NVR to provide more reliable alerts.

I'd always recommend IP over HD-TVI. It's future proof and the cameras have more features. HD-TVI was really only introduced to allow legacy analogue systems using coax to be easily upgraded without recabling. If you do go down the route of HD-TVI ensure that you install an individual CAT5E cable to each camera position, otherwise if you chose to migrate to IP at a later date you'll have to rewire it (some installers run multiple cameras off a single CAT5E or will use PoC (Power over Coax) if you chose HD-TVI)

Reactions: Dan
Thank you so much everyone for your replies. Your replies went into my spam so didn't realise until today!!

I was wondering if you would go for a mix of colourvu 4mp, accusense 8mp and accusense with strobe. We require 12 cameras for front and back as i want to capture high and low.

Also best place to buy?
Thanks so much

You're welcome @norahbattie

A mix of cameras is perfectly fine it just depends on the requirements of certain camera positions as to which combination will work best for you. As mentioned above the ColorVu cameras work great in positions where you already have plenty of visible light, whether that is from lights on your own property or street lights. AcuSense cameras are a good choice in areas where you may need to rely more heavily on event triggers, for example, cameras covering a driveway entrance or front door. You also have a higher resolution in the AcuSense model so for cameras covering larger areas this may also be a good option as it will give you greater detail over longer distances.

In terms of where to buy from, we are biased but as it is the use-IP forum we would recommend that you purchase from us - use-IP Ltd

Back