01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Record from Hik Connect directly to Hikvision NVR

Godlovesme

I just bought a new NVR DS-7600NI-Q2/8P, and I am using hik-connect app. Whenever I record something from Hik-connect it records locally on the phone. I need to be able to initiate and stop recording on the installed Hdd of the NVR manually from the phone. Is this possible?

Thank you.

The Hikconnect has a remote configuration option for the NVR but I doubt it allows the functionality you require. Would you require all cameras to stop recording or selected ones? I'm puzzled why you would need this feature considering the risks. The short answer is probably yes, but it would require some phone gerrymandering. Would you expand more on your requirement in case I've misunderstood you.

The Hikconnect has a remote configuration option for the NVR but I doubt it allows the functionality you require. Would you require all cameras to stop recording or selected ones? I'm puzzled why you would need this feature considering the risks. The short answer is probably yes, but it would require some phone gerrymandering. Would you expand more on your requirement in case I've misunderstood you.

The purpose of installing this device is not 24/7 surveillance. it is used to record occasions held in our church. Most of the occasions are scheduled, and I have already loaded this schedule on the NVR. However, sometimes we need to record unplanned meetings/occasions that will happen only once in that specific time. That is why I cannot use the scheduling feature on the NVR for recording such ones. Instead, I need to enable the leader to record it manually from the church tablet (Android) whenever needed. The storage of the tablet is very limited, and I do not want to occupy it with such recordings. What are the risks you talk about?

The risk would lie in forgetting to return the NVR to its standard operating settings within the app. This could potentially leave the NVR continuously recording or failing to record at the scheduled times.

In early testing I've had success controlling my NVR from an Android phone with the app. Additional testing is needed to be sure starting and stopping the on-demand-recording works reliably and without interfering with existing schedules.

It will take a few steps to configure your NVR to accept the commands and the Church tablet will require an app capable of sending HTTP requests. The project has piqued my interest for personal use so I'll continue working on it and post my progress as I go.

The risk would lie in forgetting to return the NVR to its standard operating settings within the app. This could potentially leave the NVR continuously recording or failing to record at the scheduled times.

In early testing I've had success controlling my NVR from an Android phone with the app. Additional testing is needed to be sure starting and stopping the on-demand-recording works reliably and without interfering with existing schedules.

It will take a few steps to configure your NVR to accept the commands and the Church tablet will require an app capable of sending HTTP requests. The project has piqued my interest for personal use so I'll continue working on it and post my progress as I go.

Yes, please... This feature is much needed. Let men know if I can be of any help!

The following would help:
  • Can you navigate through the NVR settings to get its IP address?
  • Is the NVR connected to the Church's WiFi router?
  • How many cameras require this feature, their names and the channels they are on (channels are usually labeled D1, D2...)
  • Do you have a laptop you can use to configure the NVR via Internet Explorer 11 if needed?
  • Firmware version of the NVR. Usually found in Maintenance>System Info on the NVR's menu.
I've successfully configured the app to start and stop recordings on demand without interfering with the existing schedules. So far so good. Get back to me when you have a chance.

• Can you navigate through the NVR settings to get its IP address? Yes.
  • Is the NVR connected to the Church's WiFi router? Yes.
  • How many cameras require this feature, their names and the channels they are on (channels are usually labeled D1, D2...) 3 Cameras, named IPCamera 01, IPCamera 02, IPCamera 03. Channels: D1, D2, D3.
  • Do you have a laptop you can use to configure the NVR via Internet Explorer 11 if needed? Yes
  • Firmware version of the NVR. Usually found in Maintenance>System Info on the NVR's menu. V3.4.100 build 180723.
Thank you so much.

Great. Please install HTTP Request Shortcuts onto the tablet. This app allows the tablet to submit HTTP requests to the NVR.
Open the app and create a shortcut with the plus button. Select 'From scratch' when prompted.

We need to test whether your NVR will accept the requests. Start with a simple time check.
Copy the settings below remembering to replace the IP with your NVR's in the URL field:

Click the tick at the top right to save the shortcut.
Next run the shortcut and hopefully you see a response like the one below.

Let me know what the response says and we can go from there.

Great. Please install HTTP Request Shortcuts onto the tablet. This app allows the tablet to submit HTTP requests to the NVR.
Open the app and create a shortcut with the plus button. Select 'From scratch' when prompted.
View attachment 2388

We need to test whether your NVR will accept the requests. Start with a simple time check.
Copy the settings below remembering to replace the IP with your NVR's in the URL field:
View attachment 2389

View attachment 2390

View attachment 2391

Thank you so much.
I will try it tonight and let you know.

Thank you so much.
I will try it tonight and let you know.
View attachment 2388

View attachment 2389

View attachment 2390

View attachment 2391

I just tried it actually but it says cant locate url error 404!

Is it possible to make one job for all three cameras? It is very rare when i will use only on camera.

Yes I think so. I'd need to get the scripting right and test. I'll update soonest.

Stewart - apologies, just realized you are "Stewart" rather than "Stuart" as we mostly see in the US. Hence my nickname of "Stu."

Can I call you Stewie? :)

Stew is fine! ;)
Back to the issue at hand. There isn't a way to send multiple requests with one shortcut. However I can create an action to initiate the other shortcuts provided the first is successful. It takes a fair bit of testing to make sure I don't break something. In testing a few incorrectly written requests have caused the NVR to spontaneously reboot. I'm putting the process together now and I'll post the steps shortly.

Ok, next step is testing on your side. Create a new shortcut.
Select from scratch.

Give your shortcut a name.
Copy the rest of the settings as below and paste: 192.168.2.193/ISAPI/ContentMgmt/record/control/manual/start/track/101
into the URL field. The 101 at the end of the URL is the camera on channel one (1) and its main stream (01).

Once you have copied all the settings click the tick in the top right corner to save the shortcut.
The main page should look similar to this:

Press and hold the shortcut you just created until a menu appears:
Select Duplicate.

A duplicate shortcut will appear marked as (copy). Press and hold the new shortcut till the menu appears and select Edit.
Amend the shortcut name to reflect stopping the recording on camera one. Edit the URL field to match (just replace 'start' with 'stop'):
192.168.2.193/ISAPI/ContentMgmt/record/control/manual/stop/track/101

Click the tick to save the edited shortcut.
You should now have a main screen similar too:

Run the shortcut 'Start Recording on Camera 1'
Hopefully you will see the following response:

If you don't receive the highlighted 'OK' please post the response and we can trouble shoot from there.
If you do receive the OK response you have successfully started the unscheduled recording.
Run the 'Stop Recording on Camera 1' shortcut too and let me know the response.

Stewart,
You are awesome!
I used both the start and stop jobs and it worked fine and I was able to access the recorded movie.
My NVR did not reboot.
Thank you so much!

It would be wonderful if we can initiate all the cams with one job.

Back