01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Recording door entry system on NVR, and also adding extra door entry screen in house

mattcandy

Hi,

I have a HikVision DS-DH8301-WT door entry system with 2 gate entry keypads with cameras which are connected to a HikVision DS-KAD606-N video/audio distributor (it looks a bit like a router). The 2 camera/keypads are connect via cat 6 to it, and the DS-DH8301-WT screen which is in the house is connected to it.
The video/audio distributor also has a cat6 cable going to main router so that it also rings on the HIKConnect app and can also see gate camera and control gates from there as well as it connects via their cloud service.

When somebody buzzes the keypad at the gate it rings on the screen and we can see the camera and also make it open the gates to our house from there.

I have 2 questions I would appreciate some help with.

1) I have bought another door entry screen to go in the house - I want to put it upstairs. Different and newer model this time - this one is a DS-KH8350-TE1.
I have tried connecting in into my home network and have set it up and it can see the 2 cameras, and I can control the gates from it. But when somebody buzzes from the gate it only rings the main panel and not this one... and I dont seem to be able to get a 2 way audio connection working. I have also tried plugging the cat 6 cable directly into the video/audio distributor box from Hikvision like the other screen, but that doesnt seem to work either. Is there something I need to do to make it ring on both ...?

1) Separately I have a CCTV system recently setup at the house... a HikVision DS-7616NI-I2 NVR with a bunch of cameras connected to it... the NVR gives them all local IP address, and the NVR is then connected via LAN connection to my main home network so I can also see the camera and get alerts on the main hik-connect app. I want to also record the footage from the gate cameras from the door entry system.... how do I do this given that they are connected to the hikvision video/audio distributor. How do I also connect them to one of the inputs on the NVR so we can record the footage...?

thanks so much.
matt

Good luck with the recording. I don't use an NVR or a storage server but it's impossible to record any event from the door station to an SD card in an indoor station or to my hard drive. There's a clue in the door station iVMS-4200 config which lists none of the usual event options. It's an unfathomable shortcoming - especially as it's possible to manually record from the live feed.

Hi @mattcandy

Answers to your questions are below:

1) To have multiple indoor stations ring at the same time you need to open iVMS-4200 and go to Remote Configuration for new Indoor Station you have in your setup and click Intercom > ID Configuration > and then change the device type to Station Extension and set the Extension Index No. as 1 as this is the first extension you are adding.

Once you have done this you will need to go to Network > Linked Network Configuration > and set the (Main) Door Station IP address to the IP address of the master indoor station, that way the 2nd new indoor station will be paired to the master station and with it set as an extension it will act as the slave to the master station so when someone rings that station any station set as an extension of that station will also ring.

2) We have never used the Video/Audio Distributor but I assume that as the intercom is linked to the indoor stations you intercom most be visible on the local network. If you use SADP or the online device tool in iVMS-4200 you should be able to identify the IP address of the intercom, once you have that you should be able to go into the camera management menu of the NVR, select an unused channel, click modify, set the channel to manual, and enter the intercoms IP address, username & password before clicking OK/Apply and the intercom should be connected and recording.

FWIW, on my Mac, neither SADP Tool nor iVMS-4200 sees the IP of the main door station. However, if you have a working indoor station, you can find it in the settings. Other platforms may actually work.

hi. y

DS-KD3002-VM - gate keypad outside property
DS-KV8102-IP - front door ringer by front door in drive
DS-KH8350-TE1 - monitor / screen inside house to answer calls and unlock gates (setup as an extension screen as I also have another screen in the house)

separately we have a number of CCTV cameras and a DS-7616NI-I2/16P - NVR

The cameras on the gate keypad and front door, when rung, trigger call to come through on the KH8350.

I have separately now setup the IP addresses for those cameras in the HIKVision NVR in 2 of the slots (the rest of the cameras are all wired in directly to the NVR) and it now displays the images from the IP feed and records those cameras as well even though they are not wired into the box.

Ah thanks. I got over-excited: I thought you had a DS-KD8003-IME1 door station, the alleged second generation which doesn't record video AFAICT.

Back