01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Recording to an SD card - Mac user

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hi,
I'm interested in a dome IP camera with SD card. Couple of questions please :
  1. Can it record continually to the SD card and if so when the card is full does it stop recording to the card or does it overwrite, erasing the oldest images first?
  2. How long would it take to fill up the SD card in continuous mode.
  3. I do not want to hook the camera up to an external recoding device I just wish to interrogate the SD card whenever I feel it necessary - is this possible to interrogate the SD card from a mac without removing the SD card and plugging the SD card into the mac?
i.e. viewing images remotely from camera albeit within the same LAN ( not via web).

Thanks
---------

Perhaps take a look at the HikVision 2632 bullet or 2732 dome cameras.

Answers to the above:
1. Yes, you can set it to continually record to the card and just overwrite the oldest data.
2. It depends on the settings you use and the capacity of the memory card:
1080p resolution / 3fps / h.264 = just under 7 days of continuous recording to a 64GB micro-SD card
3. You should be able to do so (access and review/playback) from your browser (we haven't got a Mac to be sure)

Each of my 5 dome Samsung SNV-7080R cameras has its own 32MB Sandisk SD card (category 10, for high speed recording), and this is a great add-on.
The 'record on movement detection only' function (1sec before/5sec after) is enabled, and I can search movements for any camera.
NO NEED to have an expensive NVR ! I can connect from anywhere to the cameras, activate the 'playback' function, 'search' for a recording a get a Replay on the spot !!

Please also read my post on the "Manufacturer Specific Forum / Samsung", as I need help for night setting these cameras !
Thanks

Back