01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry "Register Failed" DS-KV8213 and DS-KH6320

Masht

Hi all!

I have a serious problem with connecting the DS-KV8213-WME1 and a DS-KH6320-WTE2 as indoor station.

First i got everything setup and it worked just fine. Suddently - without any configuration- the indoor only shows the live Picture from the outdoorstation but i cant use it as intercom or open the door - which worked before.

On the Main Screen it tells that the main door station is not responding.

On the config interface of the main door station under the Tab "device Management" the indoor station has an Error - "Register Failed". But the register pw is correct. Everything was unchanged when it worked just fine.

I have tried several reconfigurations without success. The only thing that seems to help is to upload and "reflash" the firmware (i use the latest firmware from the hikvision europe portal). I had this problems a couple of times now, but i cant figure out what i am doing wrong - as i follow the instructions to setupe the doorstation and indoorstation from hikvision.

I do not want to refresh the firmware all the time. I just want the System to stay in a working state.

I have connected the villa doorstation over ethernet and a poe switch to a fritzbox 6660 cable.

The indoorstation is connected via wlan to the Fritzbox (singal is more than enough, wlan is 2,4ghz)

All devices are allowed to open ports (upnp)

The funny thing is. Everything workes fine. Then the "register failed" Error comes. I can view the Cam on the indoorstation and also on the connect app. But no intercom and i cant Open the door...

I am stuck. Pleased help me, cause i dont know whats wrong.

If i understood corectly you are using wifi on indoor to communicate with outdoor?
WiFi on indoor station is only for accessing internet connection for Hik-Connect, not to communicate with outdoor unit.

Try putting indoor station on wire and see results.

Hello, first - thanx for the reply!

Yes. The Outdoorstation used via ethernet connection. I also use poe for the powersuply.

The indoorstation is in the same networt via wlan connection. I cant use an ethernetconnection on the indoorstation (See attached Picture)
IMG_20211015_090931.jpg

Everything works fine when i reflash, completely reset the device and when i set it up.

Hikconnect works fine, i can use the indoorstation to open the door, receive calls and talk to the Outdoorstation. Suddentdly it stops working and instead of "online" it shows "register failed" in the device configuration Tab in the Outdoorstation.

The firmware i am using:

Indoorstation: V2.1.32
Outdoor: V2.2.53

Is there an option to view system logs? I tried to login via ssh. But there is not much to do...

You have KAD706 that's on your local network?

You have KH6320-WTE2 ( 2-wire version). Try connecting KAD706 to switch where you connected outdoor unit.

No, i dont have a kad706 on my network, as IT was told from the seller, that i can use the indoorstation with wlan alone as long as i take care for the powersuply.

Is the kad706 mandatory?

We are official distributor of HIKVISION equipement in Croatia. We never sold KH6320-WTE2 without KAD706 and never told anybody to use KH6320 WiFi for communication with outdoor unit.

As far as I know it's not meant to work that way. You have do other options to try ( besides the one you tried). Can you borrow KAD706 from your reseller and try?

Did you put static IP address on indoor and outdoor?

Hmmm. I bought it from an german reseller. I have contacted him now and wait for an answer. But everything seems to work fine now over WLAN. I Just cant figure out what causes the malfunction.

I have set static ip adresses for the devices respectively i assing always the same ip for the devices via dhcp.

Do the devices have system logfiles that i can view?

They have logs but i don't think you'll see reason for device going offline.

Don't get you, now everything is working and config remained the same? You did reboot?

I dont know the reason why the device goes offline too. After a complete reset, the divece works, but then suddentdly stops working. Thats the Main problem. And after a reeboot it still does not work. The only thing i can do is reset and hope that it does not stop working.

I dont know the reason - thats why i would like to read the logfiles.

I thought about the WLAN connection causing the but the ports we're open, ping etc. worked fine.

I have at least repoduced the error one time. The "register failed" happened when i changed the time in the indoorstation (because of the daylight saving time).

After the time change the Display of the indoor station went black for a brief moment and the error occured. Reeboot didnt change anything - i had to completely reset the indoorstation...
The whole problem is quite strange and i struggle to identify it...

How can i read the logs of the Indoorstation. When i login via ssh there is mit much to do... And the "debugmode" requires a password...

I dont know the reason why the device goes offline too. After a complete reset, the divece works, but then suddentdly stops working. Thats the Main problem. And after a reeboot it still does not work. The only thing i can do is reset and hope that it does not stop working.

I dont know the reason - thats why i would like to read the logfiles.

I thought about the WLAN connection causing the but the ports we're open, ping etc. worked fine.

I have at least repoduced the error one time. The "register failed" happened when i changed the time in the indoorstation (because of the daylight saving time).

After the time change the Display of the indoor station went black for a brief moment and the error occured. Reeboot didnt change anything - i had to completely reset the indoorstation...
The whole problem is quite strange and i struggle to identify it...

How can i read the logs of the Indoorstation. When i login via ssh there is mit much to do... And the "debugmode" requires a password...
Hey did you solved this? I have exactly the same problem...

Hey did you solved this? I have exactly the same problem...
Unfortunately not. I have bought the LAN instead of the two wire units. You need to have a KD706 to get the 2wire units working permanently (for what reason ever)

Back