01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote access to video streams

IainH

I am planning an application that would possibly require direct access to the video stream via an embedded browser in our existing HMI application.

Does anyone know if it is possible to bypass the security settings in an IP camera so that the browser will display the video stream directly (in full screen mode) when directed to the camera IP address?

I want the system to operate so that the browser window displays the video directly without the operator having to enter a username and password.

Iain

Most IP cameras have the requirement for a user login as an option i.e. you can configure them such that anybody who visits the camera's IP address either receives the video feed immediately OR is presented with a user name and password prompt (different user names having different access rights e.g. user & admin).

Also, within the config options you will be able to set the size and other parameters of the video output e.g. 640x480 at five frames per second (or whatever settings are appropriate to your requirement).

Full screen mode may be a little more tricky. Some cameras may have this as a built-in feature, whereby you can visit a certain pathname which delivers full/live views. For others, you might need to use a server to capture and display the video, and determine the size etc within the html code that you use to build the (web) page that leads to the server.

Back