01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote live view stutters badly but remote playback is fine?

perkaholic

Hello all

As per the title, I'm struggling with a weird problem exclusively affecting remote live viewing on phone and PC.

What works normally:
  • Live viewing at the NVR monitor,
  • Playback at the NVR and remotely (all 4 cameras playback simultaneously absolutely fine in iVMS-4200),
  • Live viewing directly from the cameras via web browser,
  • Live viewing all substreams simultaneously remotely (some minor stutters here and there but still usable).
What doesn't work without heavy stuttering:
  • Live viewing any mainstream over iVMS-4200 or ProControl+/HikConnect.
System is a DS-7608NI-I2 with 4x DS-2CD2347G1-LU ColorVu turrets directly connected, and connected to LAN via gigabit switches. I've already updated all firmwares to latest with no joy. I just don't get it. Surely if it were bandwidth related then playback would be stuttery too? And if anything was wrong with the cameras or wiring, wouldn't direct live view also have issues? I can record at 25fps h265+ with quality set to highest and playback all 4 of my cameras at once completely smoothly, but I can't view even 1 camera by itself live at 12fps, medium quality, without the picture being frozen for as much time as it's moving!

Just updated from an old E series Hik NVR that had a similar issue where 2 of the cameras live viewed mostly ok but 2 permanently gave errors on loading mainstream. Thought a newer more powerful recorder with more bandwidth overheads would sort it but apparently not... Am I missing something obvious? Any help appreciated as I can't find any mention of anyone having the same problem, and am going a bit mad trying to sort it out by myself and failing miserably!

Thanks for reading

It’s a know issue, read the stick threads up top about the latest version of software as your running 4.40.015 I guess. From reading that you could try rolling back a few versions, I’ve not tried yet as I don’t leave the house at the moment so it’s no issue.

Thank you fin!! Thought I was being clever updating to the latest build straight after unboxing the recorder. Just rolled back to v4.22.005 and can confirm remote live view is silky smooth now. Solved!

Back