01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote Monitor Screen Solution Needed

ryanpeveritt

Hi All, Newbie to the forum so please be gentle!

Need some advice...

I have recently installed a HikVision DVR inside my main house. This DVR has 5 x 8MP Cameras conected to it and is ONLINE accessable via HikConnect and IP.

Now, I have recently built a mancave at the bottom of the garden, some 200m away from the house but I would like to get some form of monitor recessed in the wall so I can glance over and see whats going on, if theres anyone pulling up, walking on the front driveway etc.

How could I achieve this? Is there a HikVision monitor which can bring up Channel 0 on a remote DVR. Other than running a 250m HDMI (HDMI Over Cat6 with injectors) I can't tink of another solution.

I'd rather not reply on the Hik App and Broadband...

Hikvision PTZ cameras
I think you've covered all the bases.

The App on a tablet would probably be the simplest.

Otherwise, a browser session e.g. Internet Explorer view - but, obviously requires a PC.

Or an iVMS-4200 overview, but same - needs a PC.

If you intend to have a PC in your man cave maybe your PC monitor can be one video output from your graphics card (HDMI) and your IP CCTV on another (VGA/DVI).

I think you've covered all the bases.

The App on a tablet would probably be the simplest.

Otherwise, a browser session e.g. Internet Explorer view - but, obviously requires a PC.

Or an iVMS-4200 overview, but same - needs a PC.

If you intend to have a PC in your man cave maybe your PC monitor can be one video output from your graphics card (HDMI) and your IP CCTV on another (VGA/DVI).
Thank you Phil! Do you know if the HikVision Touchscreen stations would work? I noticed from this listing that it showed not only the intercom camera but another seperate camera too in its diagram..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Phil! Do you know if the HikVision Touchscreen stations would work? I noticed from this listing that it showed not only the intercom camera but another seperate camera too in its diagram..

You can add up to 16 cameras to the Indoor stations but you can only view 1 camera at a time and I believe you have to manually switch between the cameras you are looking at. The best solution if you just want to be able to glance at a screen showing multiple cameras at the same time is to look into one of the options @Phil mentioned above.

Back