01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote Playback - extremely slow

animateme

Hello,

I am hoping that I might get some advice on how to fix an issue that I have with the remote playback of recorded video from my DVR, using the iVMS-4200 and Hik-Connect apps, which plays very slow or sometimes does not play at all.

The live video works perfectly fine through these apps and the playback also works well when played directly on the monitor connected to the DVR. It is just when playing back remotely through the apps that the video is extremely slow and even freezes after playing for a few seconds. Also, in the few seconds that the video plays, some glitches appear, showing distorted video.

I am assuming that this is not a bandwidth issue, as the live video plays perfectly fine.

The DVR is a Hikvision DS-7208HUHI-K1 with firmware V4.21.002, build 190925

These are what I believe are the relevant configurations that define the Sub-Stream remote playback settings:

dvr1.JPG

dvr2.JPG

Are these settings acceptable to avoid the issue I am having or should I change something?

Are there any other settings in the DVR that I should be looking into?

Any other possible causes for the issue?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Hi @animateme

The first thing we would recommend is updating the DVR firmware, looking at the Hikvision Download Portal I can see there are 5 newer firmware versions for your recorder, the latest of which is v4.30.120

Update the firmware and see if that improves the playback speed/stability.

Hello Dan,

Thank you very much for your response. Could you please just clarify if I should be installing the firmware from the link that you provided or the one found on this other link, which is specific to my DVR model?

The firmware version on this site for my specific DVR model is V4.21.100, build 200307

Thank you,

The latest firmware will be the one at the portal, if you click on the v4.30.120 folder you will see there are multiple version each labelled to a different group of DVRs. You will want the standard K72_EUROPE version

Thank you for clarifying the version that I require.

I am just concerned about this being the right firmware version for my model, given that this is not a European model, as far as I understand. I purchased this in Mexico, from a local Hikvision distributor, and I believe it is a USA model.

May I ask why would the hikvision.com site show a different firmware version as the current one for my specific model?

Ok, I was not aware you are in the Mexico/USA region, if that is the case then I would stick with the version you have found online.

Unfortunately, Hikvision has very little consistency when it comes to the firmware versions they publish online. In one region there can be 3 different firmware versions which are highlighted as the latest but we usually just go for the highest version number as the one to install. But in your case, you should only use the latest version from your region as there can region-specific features to some firmware versions & builds.

Thank you very much for confirming the version that I should be using. I updated the firmware and will be testing to see if this made a difference with the issues that I am experiencing.

Just curious, because I have the same model, and I am in the UK, why you recomended the K2_... firmware when it looks to me like he has the -K1 model. (Sorry I am struggling to work out how to determine how the codes in these versions work as a recent upgrade soon had to be followed by a downgrade and not been the same since... wish I had just left it on the version it came with and worried I might have the wrong firmware.)

Device name NDVR
Model DS-7208HUHI-K1
Firmware Version V4.20.001, Build 190430 (Unsure whether Europe or UK)
Hardware Version 0xc3201 (Does this indicate country?)

Hi @GTEM

With the Hikvision DVR firmware, there isn't really any logic to the naming of the firmware families.

The attached table which you can download from the EU portal shows which models come from which firmware families and you will see that there really isn't any connection between the family names and the model numbers, I think the different families only relate to different hardware generations. (e.g. models released one year went into the K71 family and then 2-3 years later new models with new hardware came along and went into a newly created family K72, and so on and so on)

You can either use this table to guide you to the correct firmware or follow the now more clearly laid out file directory in the UK download portal

For your DS-7208HUH-K1 model the file directory route would be:

PRO (DS-72xxx/DS-73xxxx)
72HU-K (DS-72xxHUH-K1)
7208/16HU-K (DS-7208HUH-K1)

and as you will see the latest firmware for your model is now v4.25.000

Attachments

• DVR Models of Different Platforms_20190920 (2).xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 368
Having now upgraded firmware to v4.25.000 and now find timeline is not showing events in normal view as it did in previous version I had. I will leave it like this to see if I can get used to it but it is much quicker finding events when events are shown on the timeline. (I hate it when upgrades loose functionality)

I have seen the Excel Spreadsheet before and it does not make much sense as still a guesswork in finding the right bit of firmware. Would be great if each cell was a clickable link to the correct folder location. (Turbo is also meaningless unless you know what it is referring to)

I found the folder structure suggested to follow was slightly confusing as I did not see a HUH (I have a HUHI) but just to confirm these are the folders I saw and followed which I thought were the closest to what you suggested. (Whatever you showed in brackets behind second and third option was not viewable to me)
Download Portal United Kingdom
PRO(DS-72,73XX)
72HU-K
7208,16HU-K
DVR-K71_EUROPE-ML_STD_V4.25.000_200925.zip
Hope this is correct. Just a bit worrying when you read that others have bricked their devices installing the wrong firmware.

Yes, that is the correct firmware.

Apologies for any confusion, we don't work with analog equipment so we are not that familiar with the product codes so I thought the full product god was just HUH and not HUHI. The idea of the brackets above was to explain what the shorthand tiles of the portal folders relate to. (e.g. the 72HU-K is the folder for all DS-72xxHUHI-K1 models and the 7208/16HU-K folder is where you will find the specific firmware for your DS-7208HUHI-K1 model)

I'm also experiencing issues with slow playback.

My playback seems to skip seconds at a time. For instance I had a notification/event that was about 2 minutes long and it started playing the first 20secs, then skipped to the last 10secs.

Any ideas?

NVR 7608NI-I2-8P with 3 TB
2x ColorVu G2
2x Accusense G2

Do I need to set up the NVR to record at the sub-stream rather than main-stream?

Back