01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote Playback of recordings on iVMS4200 Storage Server

wesecureu

Hi!

I have been going round in circles and hope someone can highlight where I might have made a misconfiguration.

I have iVMS4200 2.5.1.7 running on a server, which installed v1.2.1 of the Storage server component. Cameras are recording to the storage server and I can playback the recordings.

Outside of the network, I can connect to the external IP of the Storage server on an iphone, using iVMS4500. Remote playback of the recordings works fine.

I cannot get any PC running iVMS4200 to access recordings in the same way as the iphone (the remote iphone and PC are on the same remote network)
Configuration applied:
External IP of Storage server added. I can perform remote configuration of the Storage Server
Added each camera external address and I can remote configuration / live view streams
Configured the Storage schedule on each camera to use the remote Storage server.
Tool, system configuration, Live View and Playback, Search Video file stored in "Storage Server"
On the Storage Server remote configuration, Storage, General, Update, Save.

Error message on playback is "Playback Failed! Error code ivMS4200.exe [317].(No record file found)

NB: All accounts used on the iphone and iVMS4200 software are the admin accounts.

I have exhausted where to look to understand why iVMS4200 clients will not playback recordings. Would appreciate a fresh set of eyes to help me where to look next!

Thank you

I am encountering the same problem. Does anyone already have a solution? Looking forward for someone that can help.

hello everyone.
I am encountering the same problem with my ip cam connected directly with pc. Does anyone already have a solution? Looking forward for someone that can help
thinks

Try the following. I've barely used Hikvision's Storage Server, but this works for me.
Assuming the storage status is reporting Normal on the Storage Server and the WatchDog and Storage Server applications are running in Task Manager.
1553615382300.png

On the iVMS-4200 client PC open Device Management.
1553615677968.png

Make sure you have imported both the Storage Server AND all the cameras connected to it.
Create a Group, click Import. Click the folder with the green plus to import the Storage Server (HomeNVR in my case). Then add the cameras to the group. You can rename them after they have been added.
1553616071536.png

You should now have the Group visible in the Main View tab.
1553616463610.png

Go to Storage Schedule and make sure every camera is pointing to the Storage Server. The settings here must be identical for all iVMS-4200 clients. Any changes you make here will cascade to other clients including the Storage Server host. Hit save at the top right.
1553616570138.png

Wait a few minutes and you should now see the recordings in Remote Playback.
1553616988638.png

Also check on the iVMS-4200 client software under Tool>System Configuration>Live View and Playback that the Search Video File Stored in drop-down is set to Storage Server. Hopefully this helps.
1553617160507.png

Back