01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote viewing of DVR CCTV system stopped working when using 4G but still works on WiFi?

RipGroove99

CCTV/Networking noob here by the way. I have a cheapo wireless CCTV kit (Sannce 8CH-W - Model: N48WHE1TB) Mine looks the same as that but was way cheaper from Aliexpress. Set up was easy, all plug and play and the Android app also set up very easily and everything worked great initially...

For some reason whenever my phone comes off of WiFi and on to 4G the CCTV system shows as OFFLINE on the phone which means I can't view it remotely which is a feature I most definitely need!

WiFi = ONLINE

49862707246_709216e3a5_o.jpg

4G = OFFLINE

49862171763_4214c0a4f4_o.jpg

The actual system when viewed via HDMI on a TV always shows that the P2P is ONLINE so I don't believe there is anything wrong with the setup of the actual DVR itself (maybe).

P2P = ONLINE

49863031532_3afe17d7e0_k.jpg

What I've tried so far:

• Tried 3 different devices to rule out any settings or mobile network restrictions on the devices
  • Logged out and back in on devices
  • Uninstalled/reinstalled apps on 3 different devices
  • Unchecked DHCP and Cloud P2P in the DVR settings, applied it then rechecked them and reapplied them (as suggested by the manufactures website)
I'd like to try the devices on a different WiFi network than the DVR is on but during this lockdown I can't get out to log onto another WiFi network anywhere, this still wouldn't actually fix my issue anyway.

My router is a basic SKY router with minimal settings and I assume my IP address gets automatically changed from time to time which is maybe what has caused my problem as the P2P viewing did work fine initially after first installing the system?

I actually had a similar problem with my last Samsung 1-box CCTV kit which was one of the reasons I binned it and bought this one, that and the fact the picture resolution was much lower and it wasn't wireless so I had horrible cables everywhere. So I'd really like to solve this problem as I'm pretty happy with the rest of the setup.

Just spoke to Sannce support via email and they say they can access my CCTV just fine from a mobile device remotely so my DVR and netwrk is set up correctly. That would usually point to an issue with my device, but I've tried 3 different devices as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the app, plus data and cache delete etc and checked that the app has permission to use mobile data.

I was searching the exact same thing in google and came across this post. I have been backwards and forwards with support. Mine only does this on my o2 network. They change the TCP port of the cloud server (I think). It works for about 2 weeks then goes back to how it is for you. I also have no notifications now. I would love to know how I can use the system on another cloud server and app to avoid using their rubbish. The picture quality is good, it’s just a shame the rest isn’t.

I've been working with Sannce on this problem and they have fixed it, it was something to do with O2 so Sannce deployed a fix at their end and after reinstalling the app and rebooting the NVR it all works fine again on mobile network. It's been working for about 2 weeks now.

So was mine mate, it has stopped working again. Do you get notifications if you are using an iPhone?

I'll keep an eye on it then, I'm on Android but I've not set up any notifications yet.

They've been very helpful so far so if it stops working again they'll probably dig a bit deeper for a solution. I told them I'll be wanting a refund if the problem persists.

Ditto, it’s a shame because the picture quality isn’t bad. I would look into trying to get them to work with a different cloud server and app if possible

Done that mate it’s got nothing to do with them. They use certain TCP ports for various uses that appear to conflict with their cloud server.

Oh bugger. If Sannce can't get on top of it then I'll send it back. But I assume I'll have the same issue no matter what brand I go with.

Sannce customer support sent me this just now:

"Sorry for the delay.

The case is reported to the R&D, suppose the TCP port is not configured well last time, engineers are working on it now.

Sorry for all the troubles, we will keep you posted when it's done.

Any further problems, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards.

Vivi |Customer Team|"

I then asked them if they believe they will be able to come up with a permanent solution given the problems with the mobile network providers and they gave me the impression that yes they will.

Last edited:
How are you getting on with your remote viewing? I recently had mine drop out again and had to get back in touch with Sannce, they apparently deployed another fix and had me reboot the NVR and reinstall the app and initially it still didn't work until I rebooted my router today and it started working again. Bit of a pain if we keep having to get ahold of them every couple of weeks and reboot and reinstall everything.

Still going through with them. Seems a bit more stable but the notifications are hit and miss

Still going through with them. Seems a bit more stable but the notifications are hit and miss
I'm not even sure mine can send me notifications, I'll have to have a look at it but I don't remember seeing any settings anywhere.

It's been a few weeks now and mine is still working on mobile data so maybe they have actually fixed it permanently now.

It is indeed, their support has been good to be fair. You may want to see if your DVR has a firmware update as well, because mine did.

Back