01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote Viewing on HIK-Connect app

madegwa

Hi guys....I need help on some issue concerning remote viewing. I have setup remote view on an android phone in Kenya. Remote viewing is working fine on the local phone, but the owner of the building who resides in UK, I have shared the configuration with him from the app. Initially he was able to access, but after a day he can't access. When he tries to click on the camera it shows a padlock, hence he cant view the images from UK. What could be the issue here?
I have attached an image of what he gets whenever he clicks on the camera.

Attachments

• IMG-20201119-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20201119-WA0011.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 230
Hi there, this is due to stream encryption.

See this article. Although it is based on IVMS4200, the principle is the same. He just needs to double tap the padlock then enter the encryption key.

Hi @madegwa

As @Jami3 says, you'll need to enter the encryption key to view the stream, you set this up yourself on the NVR's or camera's web browser interface, by going to [Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>Platform Access] and setting it in the Stream Encryption box.

1605797006498.png

Then, go to [Configuration>Local] and enter this encryption key in Live View Parameters:

1605796927675.png

Many prefer to disable the stream encryption entirely, but this can only be done on the NVR's local interface (via a directly connected monitor), by going to [Configuration>Network>Platform Access].

Finally, do disable the stream encryption in the Hik-Connect app and get rid of the padlock, you will need to touch the three dots beside the device name to open its settings, and then turn off Image and Video Encryption. You'll need to enter the encryption key in order to disable it.

Back