01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replaced dvr unit after power cut failure

Batesy168

Hi guys,

hope this is the correct forum for my questions, so where do i begin?

We had a massive power cut maybe a week ago and after that it took the DVR with it.

After replacing the DVR unit with a new one off amazon, like for like. I plugged the new DVR in and replaced the hard drive.

I seem to be having issues with reconnecting the cameras, When i go into the menus on the DVR to add the old ip cameras its showing the 4 ip cameras in each channel port however it is showing as wrong password or username. I looked into this and it was advised to factory reset the cameras, which i have done and im still getting the same issues.

I have even unplugged each camera and left port number 1 to see if the cameras are broke one by one to rule them out, The DVR unit even shows all 4 channels are being used and they have IP addresses added to them.

I cant even delete the cameras as it wont let me, Now the question is, is there something wrong with my cameras and they have blown as well or am i doing something incorrectly.

I have contacted Hikvision and they have told me to enter the IP Cameras passwords as Admin-12345 and that is still flagging up as incorrect.

is anyone able to shed some light on my situation and point me in the right direction?

thanks!
alex

Please confirm the make and model numbers of your DVR and cameras.

Back