01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replaced Hikvison 1.3 MP DS-2CD2112-I with 4MP Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I now not working with Hikvision DS-7616NI-SE-P-8

Monty Python

Hi
New to this forum and hoping that some clever sole can throw some light on this problem. I've had 8 Hikvison 1.3 MP DS-2CD2112-I cameras working well for about 4 years now on the DS-7616NI-SE-P-8.

Last week we had a theft from a car on the front and the cameras could not quite get the registration from the theif's parking place at about 30 Metres, surprisingly the police were keen and interested. Following this I bought a 4MP DS-2CD2142FWD-I with the intention of seeing if the higher reslution achieved my goal but unfortunately the DVR would no recognise it.

I have upgrade the DVR firmware to 3.0.22 build 170621(which is the lastest I could find) but it made no difference. I have only tried the new camera on port 2 and have tested the wiring and indeed when replacing with the original camera it is back online.

I have and can do done nothing with the Configuration setup as camera 2 is not listed.

Is the DS-2CD2142FWD-I incompatible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi.
That is the latest firmware for your NVR.

What does your Camera Management table look like in the Config area of your NVR please?
1539974278206.png

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your reply. The config table is as below, Camera 2 is the one I have replaced. More information came to light yesterday; the DS-2CD2142FWD-I has been used on a previous instalation from a liquidated business and has an IP assigned that is password protected. He has "unlocked" other cameras from the same batch with a SDAP tool and a file from HV. He will send me an unlocked camera Tuesday. However I would quite like to know the procedure if only for my knowledge purposes.

I have tried the reset button with POE supplied (held down for 20 seconds) hoping that may do the job but it made no difference, the table below is after the button reset attemp and is the same as before button reset.

Another point that I'm unsure if an impact; The PC network is on 172.16.1.X with the DVR on .20. The Cameras are 192.168.1.etc. is this anything to be concerned with or impact the workings. (the network IP 172etc was changed after the DVR original setup but it appears to make no effect of the cctv)
Thanks again
20-10-2018 09-27-58.png

The 192.168.254.XXX range for the cameras is fine.
This is the network domain range that the NVR has been set to manage.
Effectively, the NVR sits on your home/office network at an IP address in the same range as any other device that joins that network, but it manages a domain under its control for the cameras that are directly connected to its camera ports.

If the camera had been used before, and had an IP address set, then that would explain why it was not automatically added.

A pushbutton reset should reset it to factory defaults, and then it may add automatically OK.
If you can use your separate POE injector to add the camera to your general network, then SADP should find it and will show it as inactive if it has been successfully reset (SADP does not show cameras directly connected to an NVR).

You should also be able to select the camera in the Camera Management view and select Modify to see more details about its connection.
To have it automatically connect when plugged-in as camera 2, then this setting will need to be set to Plug-and-Play.

Alternatively, you could select Manual in that pop-up and set the camera to be added via an address on your general network - if you want to activate it via the POE injector and set it to a 172.16.1.XXX address on your network.

1540113386383.png

Back