01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replacing a DS-2CD2632F-IS - options?

Hikory

My home CCTV setup (already in place when we moved in) includes 2 outdoor bullet cameras DS-2CD2632F-IS, one of which has now failed and needs replacing. The only connection for the camera is a POE cat 6 cable from the NVR (DS-7608NI-K2/8P). I don't have any other cables available for audio or additional power and it would be impractical to add them now.

I am considering either a DS-2CD2623G0-IZS 2MP or a DS-2CD2665G0-IZS as a replacement. With my limited knowledge I am unclear on some points even after reading the manuals. Would both of these cameras work, for video only, using the single RJ45 terminated POE cable already available or would any other connection be required? Also, in the case of the DS-2CD2665G0-IZS, would the DarkFighter functionality still work with such a limited connection?

Finally, any other thoughts on which might be the most suitable replacement considering my use and the connection? We are in an isolated rural spot at the end of a 3/4 mile single lane farm track with one near neighbour (who we don't want to inconvenience with additional security lighting above the current motion detector exterior night lights). The camera in question monitors the entrance to the property and the end of the track for about 50 mtrs beyond that.

Thanks

Hi @Hikory

Both the 2623G0 and 2665G0 will work with the 7608NI-K2 NVR, but we should point out that the 2623G0 is an EasyIP 2.0+ and the 2665G0 is EasyIP 3.0

The main difference is that Easy IP 2.0+ has less smart features than Easy IP 3.0.

Easy IP 2.0+ - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection
Easy IP 3.0 - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, unattended baggage detection, object removal detection

Also the 2.0+ & 3.0 cameras have different Max. frame rates

EasyIP 2.0+ - 12.5fps (when max. resolution is set)
EasyIP 3.0 - 20fps (when max. resolution is set)

Also, as you mention above, the 2665G0 supports 'Powered by Darkfighter' technology to improve how the camera interprets low-light/IR images. The Darfighter technology is built-in to the camera and is managed by the camera so there no issue connecting a Darkfighter camera to the K2 NVR.

The 2665G0 is probably the best option for your requirements as it offers the longest IR range (50m) of any varifocal zoom model.

Back