01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replacing connector on POE IP camera

Ironside

I have got a couple of Hikvision POE IP cameras that have stopped working. I suspect that moisture has got into the connector. I was watching a video, and it seems that it is a fairly straightforward job to change the connector. However, am I right in saying that the HickVision POE cameras all use the same wiring? I have got two different types or plugged into the same box. I have two cameras which have packed up. One of them is the HIKVISION IPC-B220 and the other one is a slightly beefier, larger camera. However, they all plug into the box in exactly the same way, so I am going to assume that the connector and wiring is the same

@Ironside RJ45 connectors are wired T568A or T568B, sometimes the camera pigtail cable colours are not standard. I usually disassemble the cameras moulded RJ45 connector to note which colour wire is connected to which pin. Then I cut the connector off and replace with a RJ45 plug and use an F-F adaptor.

I have got a couple of Hikvision POE IP cameras that have stopped working. I suspect that moisture has got into the connector. I was watching a video, and it seems that it is a fairly straightforward job to change the connector. However, am I right in saying that the HickVision POE cameras all use the same wiring? I have got two different types or plugged into the same box. I have two cameras which have packed up. One of them is the HIKVISION IPC-B220 and the other one is a slightly beefier, larger camera. However, they all plug into the box in exactly the same way, so I am going to assume that the connector and wiring is the same

I have actually a similar problem with my 4220 PTZ camera. I can see it powering up and completing its home run sequence, however the RJ45 cable will not light the light on any connection port its plugged into. Its running POE, through the RJ45 cable. I have replaced the POE injector, and the cables thus, I suspect the female RJ45 connector terminal, I must look at it with a magnifying glass.

Was your camera dead powerwise, or communication wise. or both maybe ?

Is there anyway of testing the female RJ45 port to see are the terminals not making I wonder ? or is it a replace and see.

No, my cameras are just not working at all, there are no infrared light showing. I'm almost certain that it's because the water has got into the connector. I don't think the water has got as far as the camera. It's just got into the RJ45 and corroded the connection. Hikvision have designed these cameras that I use with one fundamental flaw. They provide you with a waterproof enclosure that goes over the connector. However, unless you know how to put on the connector on the end of the cable then you're stuffed. The plastic connector on the end of the cable is too big to go through the hole on the plastic screw up connectors. I've now got into the habit of using amalgamating tape plus liquid tape in order to waterproof everything.

Yes, it looks as though that guy has had exactly the same problem as me. I will study that thread carefully and see if I can replicate what he has done. Thanks for the link

i think this is where david meant to link to
@aidank thank for fixing the link

Back