01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replacing IP camera on NVR

Dave Howard

Hi. Got three new/replacement cameras. I've used SADP to set their IP addresses, etc successfully.
I've tried to swap one for an existing camera (different IP address) however this does not appear as a new camera on NVR via browser view.
I reconnected original camera with the aim of 'deleting' it in camera management before doing a physical swap.
However the 'delete' button is greyed out in the browser page for NVR (see attached).
What is the best/right way of swapping new for old cameras please to ensure they are recognised by the NVR with their IP addresses.
Note brand new cameras from USEIP this week with shipped firmware, NVR is latest firmware installed earlier this week (7608).
Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    32.8 KB · Views: 317
Theres a number of ways to add them. the easiest way was just to plug the new camera in without going near SADP - that would have activated the camera, set the admin password to that of your NVR (unless set otherwise in the NVR settings), and allocated an IP etc and been up and running. You picked the hard(er) method!

It's not possible to "delete" any of the IP cameras on the PoE ports as such. What you need to do is just click edit on the channel that you want to delete, change the drop down from "plug and play" to "manual", then enter the IP address of the camera along with the admin password ( as you set in SADP). Note - the IP address that you set in SADP must be in the correct range of the NVR PoE ports (not your LAN) if it is connected directly or indirectly to one of them IE 192.168.254.xxx.

Edit: If you don't want to mess on with the above - just disconnect your camera from the NVR, log onto your new camera with a browser and do full factory reset, then reconnect it and it'll come online via plug and play.

Theres a number of ways to add them. the easiest way was just to plug the new camera in without going near SADP - that would have activated the camera, set the admin password to that of your NVR (unless set otherwise in the NVR settings), and allocated an IP etc and been up and running. You picked the hard(er) method!

It's not possible to "delete" any of the IP cameras on the PoE ports as such. What you need to do is just click edit on the channel that you want to delete, change the drop down from "plug and play" to "manual", then enter the IP address of the camera along with the admin password ( as you set in SADP). Note - the IP address that you set in SADP must be in the correct range of the NVR PoE ports (not your LAN) if it is connected directly or indirectly to one of them IE 192.168.254.xxx.

Edit: If you don't want to mess on with the above - just disconnect your camera from the NVR, log onto your new camera with a browser and do full factory reset, then reconnect it and it'll come online via plug and play.
Grateful @JB1970 .. good tip in the above. As i have static IP addresses on the camera's i used the SADP to set the IP and password of camera. Then realised (USE-UP cheat sheet) i just needed to modify the setting. There was a time lag between doing that and it 'appearing'. All good. Once i'd figured 1st one out the other 2 took a couple of mins each. Now i have to fiddle with the colorvu settings to please my wife on the quality of them without using supplemental LED's all the time (just want them for smart events) or they'll be returned for normal G2's :) Thanks again.

Back