01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Resolution of emailed images

SVXskuse

I have a question regarding the DS-2CD2346G2 (Darkfighter) and DS-2CD2347G2 (Colorvu) that I recently purchased from you.
I have set them up to email me when they detect intrusion and this works very well.

At night time both types of camera email a nice clear 1920x1080 image, approx 300K.

But during the day time, they both send a small and grainy 352x288 image, approx 30K. It is not really possible to see any detail in this image at all.

So my question is, how do I configure them to always send a nice 1920x1080 image day or night? I've looked everywhere in the NVR console, on the NVR web app and on the virtual host page for the cameras. I can't find it anywhere.

Phil.

I am going to answer my own question for the benefit of anyone else who has the same problem.
I don't really understand why, but the solution is to upgrade the firmware on the NVR.

On the Hikvision europe website there is a special 4.40.016 firmware called

"I series NVR which supports three 2MP email images"

Flashing this to the NVR results in nice clear 1920x1080 images in the emails, day or night.

Hi,
Thanks for posting this query and solutions but, I am still struggling with low resolution images on few of my cameras.
I have 4mp ColorVU cameras as below:

NVR : DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
NVR : Firmware : V4.40.017 build 201124
DS-2CD2047G2-L(U)
DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL

I get very clear, high res images from the DS-2CD2047G2-L(U) model, day and night both but, I am going mad trying to figure out what settings affect this particular emailed image resolution as I can't make it happen on the other model (DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL) though technically they both are same cameras with different body type.

I have gone through all settings via NVR and directly in to both cameras and I don't expect issue with NVR as it is already emailing high resolution image via one of the cameras as I said.

Any help would be grateful.

Hi,
Thanks for posting this query and solutions but, I am still struggling with low resolution images on few of my cameras.
I have 4mp ColorVU cameras as below:

NVR : DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
NVR : Firmware : V4.40.017 build 201124
DS-2CD2047G2-L(U)
DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL

I get very clear, high res images from the DS-2CD2047G2-L(U) model, day and night both but, I am going mad trying to figure out what settings affect this particular emailed image resolution as I can't make it happen on the other model (DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL) though technically they both are same cameras with different body type.

I have gone through all settings via NVR and directly in to both cameras and I don't expect issue with NVR as it is already emailing high resolution image via one of the cameras as I said.

Any help would be grateful.
I'm not sure but the LSU/SL is a "C" revision G5 firmware camera. Is your 2047G2-L a G3 or G5 firmware model as that may be the difference. It could be either.

Hello,

Thank you for the details, which I would investigate right away. But, excuse my lack of knowledge and please help me understand how do I find the details of G3 or G5 revision of firmware?

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for the details, which I would investigate right away. But, excuse my lack of knowledge and please help me understand how do I find the details of G3 or G5 revision of firmware?

Thank you
If you go to the menu on the NVR. Click the camera icon. You’ll get a thumbnail image for each cam. In the top right corner click the icon for list view and you’ll see the details for each camera. There’s a column to the right that shows the model number and firmware version (you may need to expand the column as it’ll be truncated) If you let us know the firmware versions I can confirm what you’ve got. You can also get the information by accessing each camera menu (not the NVR menu) using a web browser.

View attachment 6534

These are the cameras I have.
2 of each model but, not sure if they have the details we are looking for.
1st and 3rd cameras are same models but, 1st one won't give me same resolution image which 3rd one does though, they both have exact settings.
3rd one is the one which does what I want, full resolution images day and night.
So they are all the G5 firmware models with the newer chip. The 5.5.800 on the two turret cameras is more recent (though the most recent version available for download in the uk firmware portal is 5.5.114 at the moment).

As the two bullets are the same model and firmware, there must be a setting that’s different on one of them. Reboot the NVR then wait a few mins before rechecking the settings. The settings programmed via the NVR menu are saved in the camera itself and the reboot of the NVR will force the camera to read those settings again.

Thank you very much for prompt reply.
I would do the needful and get back some time tomorrow.
Have a great evening and so pleased to have all the knowledge and resource on this forum.
Regards

Thank you very much for prompt reply.
I would do the needful and get back some time tomorrow.
Have a great evening and so pleased to have all the knowledge and resource on this forum.
Regards
Delete your image from the last post as you've exposed the serial numbers!

Delete your image from the last post as you've exposed the serial numbers!
Done, thanks.
I have rebooted the NVR after making sure the bullets have same settings but, so far no joy.
Still get low resolution images from 1st bullet unlike the 3rd one.

Done, thanks.
I have rebooted the NVR after making sure the bullets have same settings but, so far no joy.
Still get low resolution images from 1st bullet unlike the 3rd one.
Are you sure you're not mistaken that it's cameras 1 and 3 and that they are both bullets? The only reason I ask is that in your first post you mention that the difference in received image is between two different camera models - the 2047 (bullet) and the 2347(live guard turret):
as I can't make it happen on the other model (DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL) though technically they both are same cameras with different body type.
If you're getting an e mailed image of a different resolution between the two different models then that can be explained as they have a different firmware version. Unfortunately it may be that the issue is a bug in one version of firmware. If it's a camera with the 5.5.113 firmware that's not right you could update it to 5.5.800, but if the bug is in the newer version I'd be reluctant to downgrade it. I believe (but could be wrong) that there isn't a setting where you can adjust the resolution of the e mailed image - I think that is hard coded into the firmware.

So I have two bullets and two turrets as per the models mentioned.

1 and 3 are bullets 2047
2 and 4 are turrets 2347

Camera 3 always sends full resolution images, day or night.

Camera 1,2 & 4 send low resolution useless images during the day and full resolution only at night, though none of the four have supplementary light on ever. All set to 'day' setting within light options.

Where possible they all have exact same settings.

I have checked this through NVR and individually via browser in to cameras directly too.

And yes bullets are on v5.5.113 & turrets are 5.5.800 though the bullet 1 with same firmware should give me full resolution images too but, it doesn't.

What a mystery.

So I have two bullets and two turrets as per the models mentioned.

1 and 3 are bullets 2047
2 and 4 are turrets 2347

Camera 3 always sends full resolution images, day or night.

Camera 1,2 & 4 send low resolution useless images during the day and full resolution only at night, though none of the four have supplementary light on ever. All set to 'day' setting within light options.

Where possible they all have exact same settings.

I have checked this through NVR and individually via browser in to cameras directly too.

And yes bullets are on v5.5.113 & turrets are 5.5.800 though the bullet 1 with same firmware should give me full resolution images too but, it doesn't.

What a mystery.
Yup a mystery - I'm out of suggestions. I take it camera 3 is connected to the system in the same way as the others IE they all go straight to the NVR PoE ports and none of them are connected through your network - I can't think of anything else.

Yup a mystery - I'm out of suggestions. I take it camera 3 is connected to the system in the same way as the others IE they all go straight to the NVR PoE ports and none of them are connected through your network - I can't think of anything else.
Good point,

1,2,3 and connected via POE switch and 4 directly to NVR POE port. Again 1&3 have same setup, which is what is more mysterious.

Back