01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Roger signing in from rural Essex

RogerJP

Hi all. I have a fair bit of experience of setting up and evaluating IP-based cameras, primarily from ~2008 to 2015, but one or two more recently. Am about to purchase a handful of modern and more up-market cameras than my earlier acquisitions ~(although at the time they were state-of-the-art). Will be grateful for a steer on system selection (have already posted re NVR/NAS) - and have already learned that turret cameras will be useful in inaccessible places to avoid the need to keep wiping free of spiders' webs!

Why I wonder is there not a holy grail camera available - a PTZ turret? As a half way house, does anyone know of a turntable with precision adjustment IP controlled that could be used to set up a pan? Zoom can be done by picking the right lens, and tilt is not really required for an eaves-mounted unit.

Thanks Phil.

Other than the uncertainty over this Hikvision "Trumping", I have decided on a couple of the turret 8M for the East face of the property, but have yet to determine focal length. One quick question: can lenses be swapped later on? If I devise a panning arrangement in a year or two - not beyond me - I may want to go telephoto from wide.

Sorry no, it's not possible to change the lenses, they are factory set and glued in place.

Back