01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

router port forwarding ???

john85

hi there, im john and new to the forum.
ive had 4 x ds-2cd2742 cameras for a number of years into a poe Ethernet swithch just using the internal memory cards inside the cameras.
Ive just upgraded to a ds-7608 nvr from use-ip, got it all set up and working as far as using ivms 4500 on a smartphone but it will only work over my wifi, I cant get it to connect remotely over 4G. I am getting a "connection failed" message which im sure some of you will have possibly come across?
Years ago I had to open certain ports on the router (bt) and since then ive ugraded router several times and never had to forward ports on subsequent occasions. Ive added the nvr to ivms 4500 using the ip/domain settings and ipv4 address but im struggling to add the nvr using hik-connect domain, when I try to input device domain it says "no online device added" .
I have checked the enable platform access box and selected the only option of hik-connect , I have a verification code and qr code but im stuck...any help appreciated .
john

Have you tried with Hik-Connect app on your smartphone?
hi thanks for the reply
no ive not tried it ive used ivms 4500 merely because I used it or its predecessor for about four years, and to be honest I would like to continue with it if possible
john
ps ive just put the hik connect app on and it does work albeit slow, ive got ivms running over wifi just not over 4G, and ive used it for years ( or 4200) just cant get the device registered online ..

Last edited:
Thanks Phil ill have a look through that asap.
by way of update , ive scanned the barcode on the box which has added the device to my android phone and ive input the verification code. This has resulted in me being able to access remote playback for the cameras on my phone using ivms 4500 HD (which I have used previously via HIDDNS ) but when I go to live view its saying "the stream type is not supported" and ive tried it both with and without stream encryption !
john

Back