01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SADP doesn't see the camera

oceanblues

Hello friends,
I have a hikvision camera DS-2CD2412F-I , I somehow cannot reset it by the push button. But this is not just for this one. I have 7 of them and 3 of them won't be reset with the reset button. Even when I try to reset them, they are not "inactive" on SADP. They have the default password etc. but they stay active on SADP. So I don't get a camera that is reset to factory settings as a new one and is deactivated yet.

Furthermore my main concern is about one camera, that does not come up in SADP. I have traced its IP address... It's mac address somehow doesn't appear on IP following programs. That probably is the main cause that it does not appear on SADP. Its ip address is 192.0.0.64 I changed my routers ip address to 192.0.0.1 and reached the camera I tried to change the IP address. But the camera doesn't seem to respond as normal. It only collects my orders when I try several times. What do you think? What should I do? How should I proceed with the camera? I can change the Ip address and can connect it to my Network. But DHCP doesn't seem to operate correctly. When I enable the DHCP, it doesn't take the proper IP address. But when I give it a fixed IP adreess, I can connect it to my network. But still it is not recognized by SADP or Hik Connect.

Thank you for your advices in advance.

Hi @oceanblues

To begin with I would make sure you are resetting the cameras correctly following the below steps:

1) Disconnect/power off the camera
2) Hold down the reset button
3) Continue to hold the button down whilst you reconnect the camera
4) Hold for a further 20-30 seconds to complete the reset

After this, the cameras should be reset, but due to the age of the cameras you have you will likely not see the cameras go inactive because this was only a future introduced with the newer cameras which require a password to be set for them to be activated.

So after resetting you should be able to simply go to the IP address of the camera with a browser (if it is within your router IP range - 192.0.0.xxx) and log in with the default passwords (12345 or 123456) and once in you can move the camera to a more permanent IP address that is available (you can check open/unused IP addresses using the steps in this forum guide) and also set the password to something strong rather than the default.

Thank you very much Den for your explanatory answer. I did things regarding your steps. However, this one camera acts like it forgets what I order him to do. It does only change its ip address after several tries. And then it doesn't take the correct ip address from DHCP. When I give it a fixed IP than it would take the correct Ip address. However it wouldn't be accessible after a certain period. I have to reset the camera again (not to factory settings just a quick reset) Than it would go automatically DHCP and get the (wrong) ip from DHCP, not the fixed one I gave it. Thus the complete procedure begins from beginning.

Would you advise me anything? Thanks a lot.

Hi @oceanblues

I would check that the camera is running the latest firmware - v5.4.5

The model you have is a very old model so if it is already on the latest firmware or the latest firmware does not fix the issue, then it is likely that the camera is simply faulty and your only option will be to replace the camera with a newer model.

Back