01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS SADPTool decided to stop working on my Mac

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Not sure why but my SADPTool v 1.0.0.4, which was working a couple of days ago, now launches with the greeting: "Initialization failed". I have reinstalled it but to no avail. Can I fix this?

The only thing which might have upset it is that my CCTV installer has been setting up my cameras on his Windows laptop and using his versions of iVMS-4200 and SADPTool. I also regrouped all 8 of my cameras into a single new group instead of the medley of different groups which had sprung up.

Hi @macman

I don't think accessing from a Windows device is the issue, we have PCs and Macs in our office that we use all the time to access our office system and we haven't seen any issue like this before. The only other thing I can think to try would be to uninstall, install the older version and see if that works ok, if it does then you can leave it running this one or try updating to the latest version and if it doesn't then it would suggest it is likely a Mac settings issue.

Thanks Dan - I tried a couple of older versions (including one I had labelled: "Eureka this works!") and the problem persisted. Then I went old school and repaired permissions with Disk Utility and bingo! - everything is back!

Back