01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Sanyo HD IP camera multicast with VLC

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
[FONT=&quot]I have setup my HD2100 to broadcast in multicast mode on 239.255.255.1 on port 5004.
I have opened up 5004 and 5005 ports for UDP traffic on my Windows Firewall.
I cannot receive the video on VLC despite being able to see the video when broadcasting RTP over UDP. For that, I access the stream thru VLC using rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.20.30:554/H264.
Do you know the equivalent in VLC for receiving the multicast protocol? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not a question but an answer to my last question. To have an HD2100 multicast on UDP, I found an interesting combination that works using VLC. From the VLC "server", stream into it as: rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.20.30:554/H264 From the VLC "server", stream out using: RTP/MPEG transport on 239.255.255.1 on port 5004
Do NOT active transcoding.
Do not use Misc options.

From a VLC client on all other computers, pick Stream from Network using: rtp://239.255.255.1:5004

From the camera: Codec/Settings for H.264: Protocol: RTP over Multicast Network multicast address: 239.255.255.1 Multicast port 5004 TTL10

So both the camera and VLC "server" must multicast.

Seems odd that both are set to multicast on the same IP/port, but different interfaces.

Set the camera's streaming to RTP over UDP, and it fails (or any of the other protocols).

With Thanks to M Chase for both asking the question and sharing the solution :)
[/FONT]

Sanyo HD cam multicast access

Hi,

I found your post concerning accessing the multicast of a Sanyo HD and was interested if you still use the workaround with VLC or if there is some other way to access a multicast from a Sanyo HD cam.

I am messaging you because I don't seem to have access rights on posting - for whatever reason.

We have a Sanyo HD-4600P set to multicast but can't access it via VLC (e.g. rtp://@238.0.0.1:5004 or combinations of that). The thing is that when sniffing (wireshark) on the network - the browser based display seems to utilize multicast (when setting client settings to multicast obviously) so the question to me is wether one is trying to access the stream correctly.

I am also in contact with Sanyo on this issue, because the data sheet specifically promotes multicasting.

Do you have any updates on this issue?

//miketec

(NB vBulletin Forum does seem a bit broken. It may work better with Internet Explorer. WebDevs are looking into best way forward ... - incl. possible change of platform)

Back