01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Sanyo HD5400p and security spy issues

m82s

Hi all, massive thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Basically i have:

Mac desktop
windows parallel for mac
axis 5534 IP camera
sanyo HD5400p IP camera
Axis T8311 usb controller

The axis camera and joystick work fine in security spy for mac so long as parallel is left running in background to allow activation and use of axis joystick.

We HAVE to use imovie to edit and compile recorded data for clients. All video is currently streamed in jpeg rather than h.264 so that there is no further video conversion required for imovie as per clients/staff requests.

The axis will run POE IP with 25fps in security spy no issues. I believe this cam is 720p HD and is about security spy's limit?

My biggest issue is now that i have installed the sanyo HD 5400p which is capable of 1080p streaming (h.264) and slightly less or a lot less for jpeg. I have to use imovie and jpeg streaming but once i adjust the resolution and fps on the camera homepage to anything of good quality, then security spy will not 'see' the camera! Im talking really low resolution to get anything above 12.5fps! on the best resolution that security spy seems to accept and allowing the camera to output at 25fps, its dreadful and a 'fuzzy analogue' quality picture.

Security spy confirms its on the listed as suported camera but at 5fps!

Scenario: camera is used to observe the public using products on themselves such as hygiene products. We have to be able to see facial expressions etc (which the axis does ok in another larger room). The room is approx 2.5m x 2m and the camera is head height on a ceiling pole tight up against a front wall. The person being observed stands approx 1.5 metres away from camera.
Any movement of the body and head causing a blurring and i need to overcome this!
I have tried all sorts of settings and cannot grasp it. Is anyone familer with this camera and security spy?
I assume 5fps is just not going to cut the mustard with any settings and 12.5fps still causes the blur and ghosting of the person!

please ask for anymore info you may need/that i have missed and i thank you massively in advance!

also, if anyone knows of a usb controller that works on mac and supports both axis and sanyo ptz cameras then please shout up! the sanyo uses ssp but can be configured to pelco however the axis controller we have only see's axis cameras and has to be run in windows parallel on mac! thanks again!

Hi There, Thanks for sharing this in the forum.
I've asked Ben Software for their input from a Security Spy / Mac software point of view.
It could be a limitation of the Sanyo camera i.e. as the resolution settings are increased then the frame rate that the camera is able to deliver may reduce. But from our discussions earlier today I know that the video looked OK when viewed in your browser, so we'll see whether there are any Security Spy related suggestions first.

Hi. Do you find yourself that the camera will only send 5fps to SecuritySpy? The camera's specs say that it supports up to 25fps, but it does mention that this is in H.264 mode, not JPEG mode. I can't remember where I got the 5fps figure from but it must have come from Sanyo's documentation somewhere that I can no longer find. It would be useful to get your feedback about this.

Anyway, the factor that is going to affect how much blurring you get on a moving object in the frame is how bright the lighting is. In low lighting, the camera's exposure time will increase, which in turn will increase the blurring and reduce the maximum frame rate it can achieve. Make sure the subject is brightly lit and this should improve the burring problem.

Hope this helps!

Hi. Do you find yourself that the camera will only send 5fps to SecuritySpy? The camera's specs say that it supports up to 25fps, but it does mention that this is in H.264 mode, not JPEG mode. I can't remember where I got the 5fps figure from but it must have come from Sanyo's documentation somewhere that I can no longer find. It would be useful to get your feedback about this.

Anyway, the factor that is going to affect how much blurring you get on a moving object in the frame is how bright the lighting is. In low lighting, the camera's exposure time will increase, which in turn will increase the blurring and reduce the maximum frame rate it can achieve. Make sure the subject is brightly lit and this should improve the burring problem.

Hope this helps!

edit: sorry, just realised you are ben software! sorry was in a hurry. Yes i agree your site says 5fps and the camera 25fps but i didnt notice it say at h.264. I will double check this and come back to you. Thank you for personally replying to my thread!

Hi, thanks for all this info! sorry i have been away for a few days but can confirm im still in the same situation as the start. I will double check the camera spec but it does say 25fps - maybe this is just on h.264 as you say but i dont think so. Security spy technical pages state this camera is supported but at 5fps.

ill report back asap with my findings as i have to get this sorted asap and the controller situation mentioned too.

thanks for your help and ill be back within a few hours.

Back