01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Sanyo VDC-HD3300P - Generic Settings for NVR Software

Harv

Hi,

I've just got one of these from www.use-ip.co.uk, it's a an excellent bit of kit for the money - the image quality is good and setup easy.

However, it's not supported yet by i-catcher, I've found that it's supported by LuxRiot, but haven't found Luxriot as easy to use as i-catcher.

Does anyone know the generic settings to use in i-catcher (or any other NVR sw) to enable the software to use the h.264 or MJpeg streams from this camera?

Many Thanks,

Harv

Hi Harv, thanks for posting.
As you know the Sanyo HD cameras are very new and you were amongst the very first to get your hands on one:D

There's a whole lot of work going on behind the scenes on exactly this topic right now. I'll try to give you an update summary:
  1. We've asked Sanyo for some further help with the required settings so that their cameras can be added as generic devices i.e. video feeds to software and NVRs which have not yet had the time/opportunity to fully & properly integrate the latest cameras.
  2. This would help users to use the new Sanyo cameras with software such as Icode's iCatcher Console and LuxRiot, but also with NVR devices such as the QNAP VioStor Network Video Recorders.
  3. Just for interest there is another thread still live regarding enabling Mac users to use the Sanyo cameras with Security Spy software
  4. Sanyo have provided at least one sample new HD range camera to QNAP.
  5. QNAP have confirmed their receipt of this to me, and said that they will advise us when they have cracked the integration - I will Post here as soon as I hear.
  6. I'm also chatting with Icode about whether they expect to be able to fully integrate the new Sanyo 4MP cameras into iCatcher Console and have offered to help them to get sample cameras to progress that integration.
I hope to have more News for you soon,

Thanks,
Phil

Latest from Sanyo factory regarding their new HD CCTV cameras working with QNAP NVRs:

Actually, we already confirmed that our VCC-HD4000P which is Sanyo 1st megapixel camera has been integrated with MJPEG by QNAP.  And, there is no change between HD4000 and new HD series for MJPEG compression self. (H.264 is not supported yet)
Therefore, we think it may work in MJPEG mode if you choose VCC-HD4000 of model number from list.

Actually, our factory is working about integration of our new HD camera series with QNAP. Therefore, please trust our integration (Sanyo <--> QNAP) with us, because we are getting a lots of request from market now.

They're working on it ...

Phil,

I don't suppose you ever heard any more from i Catcher about support for the Sanyo range of cameras?

Regards,

Harv

Hi Harv,

I've just got this update from icode:

The latest Sanyo HD range support H.264 over RTSP. Hopefully we'll be looking at these over the next month or two. I'll keep you posted!

Back