01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Sanyo VDC-HD3300P Issues

Graham

Hi All,

I'm glad someone has had a good experence with the 3300 as i'm on my 2nd one and still not working. First had no picture.

Now my 2nd one refuses to go back to the factory default ip address of 192.168.0.2 which i had it initialy working at.

I changed the network settings to use DHCP and Auto DNS and it wouldn't recognise it on my router. So i then tried to reset it factory default settings using the NEAR & SET buttons. Well i havent been able to get it working since then as it does not come up on the default 192.168.0.2. I've looked at the settings though the montor option and it says the IP is 192.168.0.2

So questions to the few that have this camera is

1) How did you setup the IP on your network did you use the DHCP setting at all?
2) Has anyone reset their camera using NEAR and SET Buttons.

Cheers

Graham.

Graham,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with this camera. Its worth sticking with!

I haven't played with the near and far buttons to reset.. however, I have a few questions.

Is there many devices on your network at the moment?

What is the ip address of your PC? (under windows, run cmd, type ipconfig/all)

What I'm thinking is that because 192.168.0.2 is such a low number, it may be clashing with your PC or another device on the network which the DHCP server has already assigned.

If you are able to, then it could be worth plugging just the Sanyo and your pc into the switch, and set the IP of your PC to be static on say 192.168.0.100 and see if you can access it then?

Have you tried the Sanyo software from on the CD, I think one of the apps on there found the IP of the cam for me. I will check this when I next go on site.

Harv

Cheers for the reply Harv,

Have a few devices on the network but none at the camrea default 192.168.0.2. My DHCP is set to start at 192.168.0.64.

Software didnt find the camera when i tried it. But that was after the factory reset.

Reply as per your PM i presume its reset because after keeping down NEAR and SET for a few seconds the camera auto focus starts operating.

I've hooked it up to a montor screen and in the on screen menus it says the IP address is 192.168.0.2 but not sure how reliable that info is.

No problem, this must be driving you mad..

I think my next step if possible would be to have just your PC, which is set to a static IP of something like 192.168.0.254, with the subnet of 255.255.255.0, and the camera connected to the switch.

Then I'd use something like Download LanFriends 0.3.1 - A handy network scanner - Softpedia to scan all the IP's in the range.. and see if it finds anything.

If the monitor is showing it's on 192.168.0.2, then I can't see why it wouldn't work in this configuration. Unplugging everything else removes all variables.

I hope this helps.

Harv

Yeah you thinking along the same lines as me. Network scanner was my next port of call. I'll see how that goes and post back results..

Great, Look forward to seeing how you get on..

Which region of the country are you in out of interest?

Harv

Still no luck... Think i've just about exaused all my options. I might try the odd thing like factory reset over 12v instead of POE tonight. I'm sure its not reseting properly as i had it initally working out of the box on my network.

I live in Medway Kent Harv

Just to add a little. Graham's original camera was here en-route to return to Sanyo, I unpacked it and had a play with it last night:

I could not find it on the network; not with Sanyo's Auto-IP Tool, nor friendly, nor angry scanner - tried default IP range and others.

No LEDs on the 3300HD, so you don't get a lot of signs of life other than the IR cut filter clicking in and out.

A factory reset (NEAR + SET) causes a lot of whirring of the lens gears, but to be honest it sounded a bit unhealthy, more grinding than whirring.:(

I did a quick follow-up check with a Sanyo VCC-HD2100 and Sanyo's IP tool found that immediately ...

That faulty VDC-3300HD has gone back to Sanyo this morning, we may get some feedback in due course.

Well that makes me feel a little bit better.. (sort of ). That camera did work on the network all be it that it had no picture but you could find it on the network until the factory reset i reckon. ( which i probably did when i had it as a last resort )

As for the grinding noise when reseting this one does that as well :(

Anyone else like to try a factory reset on theirs? :)

Hmm,

I'm not really temped to try a factory reset you know.. :D

My guess is that it's really early firmware, and maybe there will be a new one out soon. Although how we get hold of it is another story - Sanyo keep that sort of thing locked away for their approved installers!

I think the grinding noise is normal.. on a working camera it makes a horrible racket when you tell it to autofocus. Once the cover is on it's not so noticible though.

I'm going to play with the onboard motion detection this weekend, will let you know how it works out. I'll take a couple of sample pics too so you can get a feel for the quality too.

Harv

Just thought I'd update this thread..

I've now added a second one of these cameras, and it took a little more effort to set up.

I have found that because there are no LED's on the camera, it's quite tricky to get a feel for when all is booted and well.

However, I plugged it in, waited a few min, then looked in the device list in my router to see what the IP was, and couldn't see it listed.

I then installed the Sanyo software, which showed the existing camera and the new on on 192.168.0.2 (factory default). The router showed this as being my laptops address.. in the end I changed my laptop to an unused static IP. I could then log into the web interface of the camera and change the ip address there (don't use the sanyo SW for this, it doesn't seem very effective).

It's a shame that Sanyo have set the default IP to such a low number, as this is very often the first IP a DHCP router will give out!

Hope this helps someone at some point in the future, I was getting a little worried at the time!

Harv

Back