01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Save to SD card - then upload via FTP on a schedule

mojacardave

I have a (discontinued) UCam247 model that allows recording in HD to an SD card, which is obviously really reliable as it doesn't depend on a network connection. The motion detection is also great as it will allow for extended recording whilst things are happening, split into hour long chunks.

Every night the SD contents are then scheduled to upload to my NAS. This has been a perfect solution for me... but the camera is now discontinued and every other alternative I've tried hasn't been capable of doing what I need. Most of the motion sensor cameras only seem to want to record for a minute when they sense movement. Also most of them seem to only allow FTP as a streaming method, which depends on a solid WiFi connection and reduces quality.

If anyone has an old UCam247 NC308SW-1080P I will happily buy it off them for the right price! Or maybe trade a couple for a far more expensive Amcrest 4MP camera that doesn't work like I need.

Alternatively, does anybody have any suggestions for something that will do the job??

Back