01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Saving Events to a NAS

Mja64

Hi, I have a DS-7608NI-K2/8P with seven 3rd party camera attached, and all working fine. The NVR has two internal HDDs fitted, a 3GB and a 1GB. I have also set up a shared folder on my NAS, which can be seen in the list of drives. The NVR is located in my attic, and the NAS drive elsewhere in the house.

What I would like to set up, is continuous recording to the two internal HDDs, but also send all events to the NAS drive. My reason, is the paranoia of having the NVR stolen, defeating the installation of the CCTV. If the events are saved elsewhere (the NAS), this will give me some resilience.

I found this document, which I believe is what I'm looking for:

https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2017-03-10/46747b8f-85f5-4654-8630-67a7a53e5aa2.pdf

However, on page 2 in paragraph 2 it says, "Go to Storage Schedule to set storage server", but in iVMS in "Storage Schedule" I only have the top part "Storage of Encoding Se...", I do not have the section below headed "Storage Server".

Any help in separating the events only off to the NAS drive would be most appreciated.

Storage server is a separate application which you have to choose to install when installing iVMS-4220:

1540111980345.png

Make sure you are running the latest version.
Currently, V2.7.1.9 is the latest available at the European portal:
(assuming you are Windows-based)
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Thanks Phil, got "Storage Server" showing in the bottom section now, but I still can't see how to add the NAS as an available option. If you set this up the default way, it ends up setting your PC up as the storage server, which is not what I'm after.

Thanks Phil, yeah I've seen lots of threads mentioning getting the cameras to save to the nas directly and set up a folder for each. That may be the answer.

Back