01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Screenshots from my Hikvision DS 7604 NI K1 NVR are not being saved?

Stirrups

Hi, much to my regret I changed my firmware to V4.3010 build 200715 on my NVR and now my screenshot capture is not working.

When I click on the camera icon a box pops up saying "Capture succeeded, filepath is xxxx ". If I then click the link I get a Windows Internet Explorer warning "A website wants to open a file using this program (IE) This will be outside of Protected Mode" which I allow.

I then get the error message " File location C:/xxxx" is not available" , and if I use file explorer sure enough no screenshot has been saved.

This used to work fine as I have screenshots from earlier in the year in the folder and the filepath is correct in the NVR Config/Local settings (was just using the default it offered).

Is this a problem with the new firmware or is it to do with Internet Explorer protected mode, and more importantly, how do I fix it?

Thanks

Solution
@Stirrups I think I had a similar problem. create a windows shortcut link to.....

C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtualized\C\Users\david\Web

replace david with your windows account user name.

another way is....

set windows explorer view parameters to show hidden system files and extensions.
save a snapshot
open windows explorer and search for a folder (may take a few minutes) with the date format yyyy-mm-dd. for example if I saved a snapshot today I would search under windows explorer for 2020-11-09.
in the search results look for a folder that matches the search term and check for your saved snapshot. Create a shortcut to that folder.

There may be easier ways that others could suggest.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
Solution
Back