01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SD card recording issues

fogmajor

Good morning
I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL AcuSense 4MP fixed lens Darkfighter turret camera with IR, built-in mic, speaker & alarm (2.8mm ) camera.
I have been getting used to the configuration whilst the camera is on the bench and need a little help.
I have fitted a SD card and initialised it and it is showing normal under the storage section.
I have connected a push button switch between ground and Alarm input 1.
I have configured the linkage on alarm activation to flash the light and write to the SD/FTP.
On pressing the button the light flashes but no images seem to have been stored.
On viewing the logs all button presses are stored.
In closing what is the best way to access stored images on the SD card?

Many thanks in anticipation

Andrew

Hi @fogmajor

Do you have your record schedule set? If you are wanting to record based on an Alarm input trigger you will need to go to Storage > Schedule Settings > Record Schedule and set the times you want the camera to record to the Alarm colour.

Hi Dan,
Many thanks for the prompt and informative reply,
Please could you explain the difference between record schedule and the capture schedule? The record schedule can be set to alarm (Red) but the capture can only be continuous. I only want to capture a few stills

Kind Regards
Andrew

Hi @fogmajor

If you go to Capture Parameters you will see that captures can be set to either time-based or event-based capture and so the schedule for capture simply acts as an on/off switch for whether or not the captures are recorded. (e.g. if you set captures to be taken every 30 minutes but you only wanted it to record from 6pm to 6am you would colour in that time frame on the schedule and set the correct time interval under parameters to meet those requirements)

The record schedule is how the camera records video so it has many more options of how it records to allow the user to achieve many different combinations. (e.g. most common setup is to set the camera to record continuously and then set events for push/email notifications so that you have the event notifications but also have access to all the footage around the events)

Hi Dan
Ahh that makes sense, sorry for the lack of understanding I think it might be my age, Just on a side note is it possible just to capture a few jpg's on the alarm event

Kind Regards
Andrew

I don't think this will be possible as the capture settings will only let you capture one image at a time, if you want to capture the time around the event you would be best off setting the record schedule and then under the Advanced settings you can adjust the pre/post record time to capture a few seconds before and/or after the event.

(just be aware that the events have a maximum buffer zone that limits how much time before and after you can record and the size of this buffer zone varies between models and resolutions, so if either before or after is more important we would recommend setting that to 'Not limited' and the other one to 5-10 seconds. This means that the maximum amount of the buffer zone will be used for the 'not limited' option whilst leaving enough space for the 5-10 seconds on the other side.)

Back