01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SD Card stops working

wps

I have two Hik vision cameras which both have a serial number of DS-2CD2385FWD. Each one has an SD card installed and recording to it. However, lately the cameras state that the SD card is not installed. We have got round the problem by rebooting the cameras when we notice this has happened but would like to get this resolved so that I don't have to worry. Could you let me know if this is a known problem and if there is a solution for these. Many thanks

I have two Hik vision cameras which both have a serial number of DS-2CD2385FWD. Each one has an SD card installed and recording to it. However, lately the cameras state that the SD card is not installed. We have got round the problem by rebooting the cameras when we notice this has happened but would like to get this resolved so that I don't have to worry. Could you let me know if this is a known problem and if there is a solution for these. Many thanks

Not a problem we've heard before, especially with this camera model, which brand of MicroSD are you using? Is your camera on the latest firmware? The latest firmware is v5.6.2

sorry for the late reply yes I have now updated the firmware to the latest and the CD card we used is a SANDisk.

On one of the cameras, re-initialise/format the SD card in storage management and see if any errors are reported. It's peculiar (and perhaps a clue) that both cameras have the same issue. The cameras have fairly comprehensive logging options, anything mentioned there?

I am unable to re-initialise as its stating there is no SD card there. I have tried to re-boot but this has not worked. I have tried to reboot and this has also failed to find the SD card. Nothing on the logging options.

I have a third camera that also seemed to have this problem but we have managed to reboot this camera and it seems to have worked and we haven't lost the sd card since. This is DS-2CD2142FWD-IS. Out of interest should this camera also have a firmware update to the same as the other cameras we are reviewing?

Last edited:
latest update. Took the camera down and re-initialised the SD card in the computer and then placed back into the camera. This seemed to work for a short time but again the camera is now not showing it has an SD card attached. I can't keep taking the camera down but am wondering if there is an issue with the SD card itself. Will try this and will post the results.

Back