01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Security camera for large garden

Otonel

Hello

I am looking to buy a few security cameras to monitor diffferent parts of my garden, but I'm not really an expert so maybe someone on this forum can advise me.
So this is what I am looking in a security camera in this specific order:

- would need to record video even at night, triggered by motion sensors (so it should have a good night vision, with no visible light to the intruder.
- because I would put the camera in different parts of my garden I can't run any power or data cables, so I think the camera should record on an memory card.
- should have good batery life.
- ideally the camera would have some kind of system so I can get notifications when the motion sensors get triggered.

So with the above requirements I saw that a lot of trail cameras used to record wildlife are quite good (not sure about the wifi thing).
Any recomendations on a good trail camera, something with good nigh vision recording capabilities, and ideally a way to receive an email or message when the camera is triggered.

Thanks

If you can't run any power or data cables to the camera it would need to be a battery-powered camera, trail/wildlife cameras are a potential option but we would also recommend something like an Arlo camera if it is for home security.

That's what I tought that trail cameras might be my best option.

Thanks for the replay

I can opt you for the Arlo pro or Arlo Ultra.Thet are the best in the market.For more updates you can refer to the following arlo app for pc for a better understanding.

I am looking to buy a few security cameras to monitor diffferent parts of my garden…
Have you checked the strength of your wifi signal in all the places you want to install a camera? You may have to boost it if you have a large garden.

My own experience with outdoor wifi cameras, albeit not with Arlo products, drove me to dig trenches and install ethernet cable instead. Imho, wifi is not suitable for mission-critical security applications as it can easily fluctuate or drop out altogether - and there was always a two-second lag between an event occurring and receipt of the notification or live feed. But I continue to use a couple of wifi cams for non-critical purposes, eg. as a doorbell for my cat.

PUSSY 2020-03-24 at 11.21.54.png

Back