01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Security issue with Hik Connect

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
Phil/Dan - something you guys might want to check with Hikvison about. On an android phone with Hik Connect, you will get an alarm notification in two ways. One is that the Hik Connect app icon will show a small red circle with the number of alarm triggers. The other is that you get a notification on the pull down menu from the home screen of the phone, as shown below. Normally in order to access the app, you have to enter whatever security you've set up. In my case, it's the fingerprint reader. That works just fine.

But if I use the pull down menu, I can click on one of the notifications which takes me directly to the video (no fingerprint required), which I can then view. However, I can then use the "back" arrow on the top left to then back the Hik Connect app into the home screen of the app, again with no security required. What this means is that by clicking on the pull down notifications from the home screen, a person can gain access to the Hik Connect app without having to input a PIN or fingerprint or whatever.

It does not allow this 100% of the time, but about half the time clicking on a drop down notification will give this result. I've got the app installed on a Samsung tablet and it behaves the same way.

FQOhp2v.jpg

Back