01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting Daylight Saving Time (DST) on NVR DS-7600

milleniumaire

On the Configuration/System Settings/Time Settings screen in the web configuration tool, I've changed the Time Zone to (GMT +00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, London" however the Device Time is still showing as an hour earlier (I'm in the UK).

If I click on the Sync. with computer time this sets it to the correct time, but isn't this issue about DST? If I check the "Enable DST" box I have to enter Start and End Times. What is this all about?

Here's the Time Settings Screen. It is currently 10:45:

Time Settings Configuration on NVR.JPG

How do I configure the NVR to show the correct time?

DST ist like summer time! You have to set when summer time starts end ends! or you use NTP Mode, so the camera will sync with time server from uk (you have to set).

On the Configuration/System Settings/Time Settings screen in the web configuration tool, I've changed the Time Zone to (GMT +00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, London" however the Device Time is still showing as an hour earlier (I'm in the UK).

If I click on the Sync. with computer time this sets it to the correct time, but isn't this issue about DST? If I check the "Enable DST" box I have to enter Start and End Times. What is this all about?

Here's the Time Settings Screen. It is currently 10:45:

View attachment 6537

How do I configure the NVR to show the correct time?

Does this help?
Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 11.09.20.png

Okay, so my understanding is that in the UK:

Clocks go forward 1 hour at 01:00 on the last Sunday in March
and
Clocks go back 1 hour at 02:00 on the last Sunday in October

I have therefore configured the Time Settings as follows:

I have no idea what "DST Bias" does. It defaults to 30 minutes and other values are 60, 90 and 120 minutes.

The time is currently showing correctly, so that's good :)

Thanks David, I didn't see your post until after I had posted and it looks like I've got the DST settings correct, apart from the DST Bias. Is this the amount by which the clocks will change? I assume it always adds this value to the start time and removes it from the end time? That would seem to make sense, however, if I set the DST Bias to 60 minutes then 30 minutes are added to the current time, making the time wrong!!!!

Okay, so my understanding is that in the UK:

Clocks go forward 1 hour at 01:00 on the last Sunday in March
and
Clocks go back 1 hour at 02:00 on the last Sunday in October

I have therefore configured the Time Settings as follows:

View attachment 6539

I have no idea what "DST Bias" does. It defaults to 30 minutes and other values are 60, 90 and 120 minutes.

The time is currently showing correctly, so that's good :)
see my earlier attached screen shot. enable NTP

Hi @milleniumaire

yes, DST is when the clocks go forward and backwards at different points in the year and the time in the year when this happens is slightly different depending on where you are in the world. See this website for all the correct Daylight Saving Time Around the World

With DST set correctly this should correct the hour out that you currently have.

But doesn't enabling NTP remove the need for the DST settings as the time will then be synchronised with a time server.

Surely it is one or the other?

No, NTP synchronises to GMT (for UK), you still need the DST offset of 60 minutes.
Confusingly, when I use your settings my Device Time shows a time that is 30 minutes faster. Reducing the DST Bias to 30minutes resolves that, but then I assume that is the wrong value to use given that the clocks change by 60 minutes!

Like you, I'm using 0.pool.ntp.org (preceding zero).

Edit: The Configuration screen has just refreshed and now it is showing at time of 12:12:53 when the current time is 11:43. Now I'm completely confused!

Confusingly, when I use your settings my Device Time shows a time that is 30 minutes faster. Reducing the DST Bias to 30minutes resolves that, but then I assume that is the wrong value to use given that the clocks change by 60 minutes!
strange, what is your NVR model number and firmware release?

It's a DS-7608NI-I2-8P (DS-7600 series).
Firmware is the latest as I updated it this morning: V4.51.005 build 210628

I have the same NVR with V4.50.000 build 210125. My other NVR (elderly 7604) has the 60 minute offset as well. Maybe a bug?

Just to confirm the issue I'm having with screen dumps.

I currently have it setup as follows:

DST Bias is set to 30 minutes and the Device Time and PC time (bottom right) are similar.

If I change the DST Bias to 60 minutes, as I believe it should be, the Device Time changes and is now 30 minutes in the future:

Time Settings2 Configuration on NVR.JPG

Is there any way of reporting this issue to Hikvision to get their feedback on what is going on as it appears that DST just isn't working!

I am not using pool but time.windows.com

Thanks for posting. I've just tried changing my config to use time.windows.com and it makes no difference. Whenever the DST Bias is set to 60 mins, the Device Time changes to half an hour in the future! No idea what is going on.

Are you using the same 210628 build as me:

1630763051122.png

I think I need to "somehow" report this to Hikvision and get some information about what is happening from them.

Thanks for posting. I've just tried changing my config to use time.windows.com and it makes no difference. Whenever the DST Bias is set to 60 mins, the Device Time changes to half an hour in the future! No idea what is going on.

Are you using the same 210628 build as me:

View attachment 6550

I think I need to "somehow" report this to Hikvision and get some information about what is happening from them.
Changing the NTP server will make no difference, the DST offset is within the NVR. Maybe @Dan can help.

How very odd. Yes, same model and software version. Slightly older hardware revision though.
Have you tried a reboot at all? Re-apply firmware?

1630764108041.png

How very odd. Yes, same model and software version. Slightly older hardware revision though.
Have you tried a reboot at all? Re-apply firmware?

Yes, I've tried rebooting the NVR, but haven't attempted to re-apply the firmware as everything else "appears" to be okay. I say "appears" as I'm new to the software, so just trying to find my way around it.

I've just sent an email explaining the issue to support.uk@hikvision.com and received a case number so I'll update this forum with any info I get.

I've just had the following response from Hikvision support:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Email Start
Dear customer

Thanks for the provided details, we would suggest upgrading the device's firmware to latest one which can be found in the following: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/uk/portal/?dir=portal/Product Firmware/Hikvision/04 Back Ends/NVR/[76 77 96 NI-I]/V4.51.007 build210818

A default on the system is required in order to get the new firmware running correctly, if that is not done you still may get the same issue after the upgrade.

PS. As the end user of our products - we kindly suggest contacting you supplier which is your fisrt line support for any technical issue. Note that we only support CCTV installation companies and product distributors, in turn - end users will get help from these chains.

Kindest Regards
Andre
Technical Support Engineer
Hik pic.png
UK & Ireland
4 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UB11 1ET
Tel: + 44(0)1628 902140
Email: support.uk@hikvision.com
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Email End

Clearly, they don't want the people who ultimately purchase and use their products to get direct support!

The link points to their latest firmware version, which was added only two days ago, so I hadn't used this when I updated my firmware three days ago!

1630860980108.png

I have now applied this most recent 210818 build and it appears to have fixed the issue. When I now set DST Bias to 60 mins, the Device Time stays at the correct time, rather than being updated to 30 mins into the future.

I wonder why Hikvision hadn't previously made this firmware version available, unless it was just coincidence it appeared when I raised this issue.

EDIT.
PS. The iVMS-4200 software didn't detect a Firmware Upgrade for my box and states "No available version" (even before I upgraded). Also, the "Online Upgrade" page of the Maintenance menu for the NVR didn't detect any further firmware versions when I clicked "Check Upgrade":

NVR Not detecting new version of Firmware.JPG

It would appear this latest firmware version hasn't been properly registered to allow the software to detect it or the Hikvision software is just very flaky!

Last edited:
Back