01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting smart events in PTZ connected to NVR

TomB

Hi everybody.
My first post here, but have taken away a lot of good advice from this forum for more than a year.

I have about 27 cameras connected to 2 NVR's to protect our farm in South Africa, pieced together over 4 years.

Have been struggling for a while to set up PTZ's to send triggers to the NVR and Surveillance Center. I have a DS-7716NXI-I4 and the PTZ's are DS-DF8225IX-AEL and an older DS-2DF8223I-AEL.
With fixed cameras, I set the intrusion triggers from the NVR and I get events logged on IVMS-4200 and Hik-connect. Doing the same for the PTZ, is a nightmare. The difference seems to be that the 4 intrusion regions of the PTZ are linked to coordinates in space. When setting this up in the camera interface, I select a preset, draw the region and press save. Then I can move to the next preset, select region 2 and press save, and so on. This will connect the region to a preset and even if I move the PTZ between 2 presets, the regions stay true to their coordinates, even showing only part of the region.
Setting things up on the camera interface and requesting emails from the camera, works fine, but no events are sent to the NVR. Therefore no event recording will work and no VCA search can be done.
If I try to set up the intrusion regions from the NVR, its OK for 1 region, but as soon as I try to select a region in a different preset, the whole things goes wonky and all regions are shown in a PTZ position that is between presets.
I have search this forum and other resources, but have not found any answers, but some similar problems have been mentioned, mostly to do with PTZ not recording if set to event recording. It seems that this could be caused by the same issue.
My guess is that it is just not possible, because of the variable coordinates of a PTZ. Maybe the solution with sending an email from the PTZ is the best possible option.

Maybe someone has some advice. I would surely appreciate it.

Thomas

@TomB I've no experience of this, but worth checking the Hikvision portals and ensuring that you have the very latest firmware, in case it's an issue that has now been addressed and fixed.

Upvote 0
Back