01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up an Axis P13 series camera with the Camstreamer App?

DavidKH

On the settings Stream Profiles tab of the camera settings it asks you to choose a resolution fo the live stream. When you go in to Camstreamer, for each service that is set up, you are again asked for the resolution for that service? We have set up both YouTube and Facebook. Facebook is constrained to a video height of 1080p (1920 x 1080) and a maximum bit rate of 4000kps. We have therefore set the Axis IP Camera to 1920 x 10180 in Settings/Stream and the resolution in Facebook and Youtube in Camstreamer to Height 1080, bitrate 3750kps.

How does the Axis Camera setting and the settings in Camstreamer interact? Can the camera be set well above at 2592 x 1458 giving the opportunity of increasing the YouTube resolution?

Hi @DavidKH

We thought the answer was yes, the camera can be set to max resolution, but we thought we should double-check with CamStreamer support as we have not tested an AXIS model higher than 1080p/2MP resolution, their response to your question is below:

the camera can be set for the maximum resolution. The settings in each stream in CamStreamer App is independent. It asks the camrea to provide stream with XY parameters and the camera gives that stream to it.

So you can set the cameras resolution to the max and each stream you setup in CamStreamer will draw the resolution you require from the camera. (e.g. you set the camera to max. resolution and the YouTube stream to the same, but you can at the same time set the Facebook stream to the reduced 1080p stream)

Greetings from CamStreamer here in Prague, my name is Pavel Kotyza and I am BDM here in CamStreamer. I will be happy to explain the live streaming via our in-camera CamStreamer App.

Any stream can be independent in the matter of resolution, audio, FPS and streamed on selected platform.
ARTPEC 6/7 chipset cameras can handle several live streams at once. But from the camera load point of view, it is always better to live stream in the same resolution on all platforms.

Any camera support can be checked on our homepage Connect a Network Camera to YouTube or other RTMP streaming platforms | CamStreamer if supported. If it is supported then it will stream whatever camera can handle. You can for example stream in FullHD on YouTube and 720p on Facebook (that's the max. resolution FB allows to live stream).

I am here to answer your questions if needed.
Thank you and greetings from CamStreamer HQ in Prague -

Pavel

Back