01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting Up Continuous Recording with Event Capture/tagging Hikvision NVR

Mattsellors

I've scanned other posts and cant find a complete answer to this. I want my NVR to continually record, and mark the recording with smart events and motion capture. I've got continuous recording working OK, but when I went into the recording config (direct access on NVR) and did what I thought to add event capture it stopped recording altogether. Is there an easy guide that tells you from scratch how to setup continuous recording and then mark the recording with the events, motion etc? Many thanks!

Hi @Mattsellors

If you want to record continuously and get event markers on the timeline when accessing the NVR with a direct HDMI/VGA monitor then you need to set the record schedule to Continous and then set the arming schedule for your chosen Smart Event in the Event settings.

Then when viewing playback on the direct monitor you need to select either Smart or Custom Playback to view the event markers on the timeline, both Smart and Custom Playback are explained in the below thread:

Hi @Mattsellors

If you want to record continuously and get event markers on the timeline when accessing the NVR with a direct HDMI/VGA monitor then you need to set the record schedule to Continous and then set the arming schedule for your chosen Smart Event in the Event settings.

Then when viewing playback on the direct monitor you need to select either Smart or Custom Playback to view the event markers on the timeline, both Smart and Custom Playback are explained in the below thread:

Thanks Dan. Sorry for more stupid questions but going a little crazy trying to get this properly configured. I managed to get it working with one camera and did have loads of nice green and red tags on the playback timelines but now they seem to have gone. When I do an event search it still finds events. Are the weeks In the arming schedule do the numbers under the week mean anything? s there an idiot proof step by step guide or video that show you which bits to configure where? Thanks!

Piggy-backing on this thread to avoid another -

Is it possible to receive smart-event notifications while enabling continuous recording?

E.g. Record 24/7 - but receive a push-notification re. Intrusion Detection etc.?

I don't easy access to a monitor/NVR so mostly rely on push notifications etc.

Hi @Madgame87

This is possible and the way we usually recommend customers set their systems up, set the record schedule to continuous and then set your event schedule and make sure the linkage method is set "Notify Surveillance Centre" to send push notifications to the Hik-Connect app.

Yes, it should automatically overwrite the oldest footage, but you can double-check this setting is enabled by going to Configuration > Storage > Advanced Settings > Other where you should see a tick box for "Enable Overwriting".

Back