01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up email/push notifications query

Colan

I have been running 3 cameras and NVR for a few weeks now on continuous recording and to familiarise myself
with the system and see if it stays stable with no errors etc. All has been well.

I now wish to try setting up notifications which requires motion detection set up. I have read set up tutorial
from the forum
[Tutorial Megathread] Getting Started With Your Hikvision System

I have a query as it only mentions using the record on detection method.

Do I need to switch off continuous recording and only use record on motion detection method or if I do not tick any of the "Trigger channel Boxes"
can I leave it on continuous recording and it will on alert me when motion detected? (preferred method) Also leave the recording schedule all blue, continuous recording.

On the alert set up it says
"This is where we're going to be determining what the device will do when motion is detected. If you want the NVR / camera to send you an email, tick Send Email. Tick Notify Surveillance Centre to have the camera send push notifications to a phone / tablet via iVMS 4500."

I use HIK Connect rather than IVMS-4500, if I tick this box will it send push notifications to HIK Connect also?

Good question, that’s something I have to do. Will be interested to see how we get notifications to work.
I have motion detection set up and it just shows an alert on the main screen of the NVR.
If you click on it, then it replays with approx 1min lead in so you don’t miss anything. It’s just a quick way to get to an alert. The cam is still set on continuous, need need to change this.

Back