01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up Panasonic BL-C131 cameras

Sigurd

These cameras are no longer made and I have not used the two I have for some time. As I have given my webcam to the local church for streaming services I am now trying to get these working again. I am using Windows 10.
The setup procedure involves plugging them into the LAN and powering up. Once green light appears there is a software set up procedure.
Step 1 is a search for cameras. Camera is found as in Screen 1 (attached). only one shown but I have tried two hence the two shown in Screen 3.
Step 2 is giving camera a name and password
Step 3 is where I get stuck - see Screen 2 attached.
No matter what Id and Pw I use, it fails with no error message - just goes back to the same Id & Pw screen.

Logging in to the modem (British Telecom standard issue) using its IP address I can see the camera listed amongst the devices (Screen 3). All other devices show (DHCP) after the IP address. These two show Static.
Advice on how to get past this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen 1.png
    Screen 1.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Screen 2.png
    Screen 2.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Screen 3.png
    Screen 3.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 338
It's been so long since we handled any cams from Panasonic!
Do they have a physical reset button that would allow a fresh start?
If you Google on the topic, did Panasonic perhaps provide a basic tool/utility to assist with setup?

There is a factory reset button and I have reset it. It obviously worked as the first time I tried it, it came up with the old name I'd given it; after the reset I had to give it a new one.
I'm not sure the problem is the camera. As screen 2 shows, it is trying to connect with my modem. I can access the modem on the admin address of 192.168.1.254 using my Id and my Pw but using these with address of the camera does nothing.
Unfortunately I am not at all knowledgeable on networking but it seems to me that the camera defaults to an IP address (192.168.1.253) and expects that to have an Id and Pw which to me seems odd. There are various things on my LAN all with their own IP address but none of them (as far as I know) don't need an Id and Pw.
There is also the question of all other devices showing DHCP next to the IP address but this one show Static.
I can't find anything in the Panasonic manuals (I have the original CD), which is just as well as Googling the topic only shows that it is no longer made. There is nothing on the Panasonic site.

The Panasonic default settings used to be:

Username: admin
Password: 12345

Does this help?

I'll try those - thanks.
Unfortunately the default id and Pw didn't work. I had tried blank ones.

Back