01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up PTZ Tracking/Issues with access to WebService for PTZ

Chocman24

Hello all. I didnt want to really ask this question, preferring to have worked out a solution myself, but I'm utterly stuck on what to do next after *many* hours of watching YouTube vids, reading posts on the forum and trying different 'solutions', so I'm reaching out for help.

I'm trying to set up my Dahua PTZ for tracking. I can log into my NVR via Webservice (IP address 192.168.1.108) and view the various cameras and make certain adjustments eg. zoom, brightness and the usual stuff, but I just cant work out how to access the PTZ camera specifically to set up tracking and image hide etc

I struggled using Firefox to access webservice, so used Chrome and then prompted to install EasyViewer, which I did and fine to then access the NVR.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to log into the PTZ specifically, via Webservice, using this cameras IP address (and not the NVR IP address)? Would this provide me with access to the various menus I'm seeking?
2. If so, how do I find the PTZ IP address? When I access the NVR menus, it states the camera IP as 10.1.1.65....but this doesnt allow me to access the camera via Webservice and it seems an odd IP address

I've tried using IPconfig and arp -a to scan IP address on my LAN, there aren't many, and tried each and everyone via Webservice/Easyviewer....no joy in accessing the PTZ camera.

Could anyone suggest where I'm going wrong as I know it's my lack of experience re Networks, rather than a hardware issue?

And just to add, that when I use IPconfig + arp -a, the 10.1.1.65 doesnt appear on the list, so I'm guessing that this isnt an actual IP address?

Back