01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Shutting down DS-7608NI-I2-8P NVR

milleniumaire

I've found a couple of posts regarding shutting down NVR's, but I'm unable to find any options in either iVMS-4200 or the NVR web application to allow me to shutdown my DS-7608NI-I2-8P. Am I missing something or is flicking the power switch on the back of the NVR how Hikvision expect their devices to be turned off?

This is the latest post I have found: "How to: How do you Shutdown a Hikvision NVR?", which states "... in the top right corner of the live view you will see a power icon ...", but I don't?

Is this expecting the NVR to be connected to the monitor by a HDMI cable? This isn't something I want to do as the NVR will be positioned in a loft storage cupboard due to the amount of noise it makes.

Hi @milleniumaire

Unfortunately, there is no way to shut down the NVR from the browser GUI, the above description relates to shutting down when using a direct HDMI monitor and if you don't have a direct monitor then you can only shut it down by flicking the switch on the back of the NVR.

Thanks Dan, that's what I got from the other posts, but as they were old'ish, I was hoping this would have been rectified by now.

No worries @milleniumaire

I think because most users have their systems installed to monitor their property/site 24/7 they never really need the ability to shut the NVR down remotely. Also, if you could shut it down remotely you would still need to go and physically flick the power switch to turn it back on because once shutdown it's no longer online for you to access it remotely.

Yes, you are correct. At the moment I'm "playing" with the NVR and cameras in my home office, so regularly powering it down when it is not required, but eventually it will be running 24/7.

Still, I have a Synology NAS that runs 24/7 but I'm still able to "cleanly" power it down using software for whatever reason rather than instantly cutting power by flicking the power switch.

It comes across as "laziness" by Hikvision that they don't put the effort into things like this, but it is what it is :)

Last edited:
Back