01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Single unit to act as Doorbell, hardwired power and net + onvif ( or ability to store locally on NAS ) suggestions please ?

greyowl

Hello

I want the basic working functionality of a video doorbell like Ring in Live mode to our phones but hardwired ( I can do this with Ring units with a transformer I know ).

I also want continuous surveillance around the door stored locally on my Synology DS. I already use this for one iegeek bullet camera in another location ( started with wifi but quickly realised cat5e actually works properly )

I want to spend at little as possible - sub £150 would be good. I am not paying subs to anyone for cloud storage - I prefer to manage what I store on cloud servers myself.

Have been trawling through reviews on Amazon for a single unit to do everything reliably but have failed to find anything.

The cheapest workable option just seems to me to get a basic video doorbell like Ring 2 or cheaper ( and wire it into power ) and install another ip bullet camera to do the surveillance.

What do you think ? Am I missing something ?

Hi @greyowl

We would recommend the Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM Vandal Resistant IP Video Intercom Door Station

This can be connected to your local network with a network cable and power can be provided over that cable using PoE.

You will need to install the Hikvision Hik-Connect mobile app to receive notifications of the doorbell being rung, but as it is also on your local network via hard connection it will also have a dedicated IP address which will let you add it to your Synology recorder.

Thank you Dan. I had come across this range before and I see it is a commercial rather than consumer installation.

I will see what I can find out but my initial concerns is about how well it can function as a simple camera to phone intercom system as the Ring can.
On the ONVIF and surveillance side it looks fine.

My £150 budget ceiling is just based on a Ring2 ( £89 ) and an iegeek 1080 bullet camera ( about £49 with two way audio )

I will do some more research.

Richard

Back