01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Skyhawk Health problem

Andy.A

Just installed a new 3tb SkyHawk HDD ST3000VX009 into my DS-7608NI-L2/8P NVR. Firmware V4.1.63 buld 190111.

Formatted the drive OK and everything is runnining.

The problem I have is when I go to HDD in health I get 0 HDD detected. The detection is only available for SkyHawk seagate HDD but that's what I've just installed.

Is this a firmware problem?

Thanks

Resurrecting an old thread.

I recently installed a new Seagate ST4000VX013 4TB SkyHawk HDD in my 7608NI/I2-8P NVR alongside the original Seagate 2TB SV2000 drive.

As per @Andy.A post above I get 0 HDD detected in the HDD Health pages on the NVR.

I'm currently running the latest 76xx firmware (currently v4.51.007).

Unfortunately that is only the start of my problems since after installing the new HDD I've also lost the ability to review VCA events in IVMS4200. When trying to retrospectively review VCA events from IVMS4200 I simply get the error message "No Intelligent Record Data".

The two problems seem to have occurred after installation of the new drive.

To resolve the issue I tried reinitializing (formatting) both the existing and new drive hoping that it was simply a matter of letting the storage database rebuild itself.

Tried re-applying all the smart event settings and the linkage actions and made sure the storage schedules were properly configured.

Reboot countless times.

Nothing I've tried has either made the new 4TB Skyhawk drive health statistics visible in the NVR or fixed the missing VCA data. Apart from that the drive appears to be functioning normally and SMART testing reports both drives are healthy.

From the little information I can find on the internet the Skyhawk drive should show up in the NVR HDD health page since it appears to meet all the necessary criteria.

The next step would be to default the NVR to factory settings but before I take that step I was hoping to get some advice on anything else I can try.

Can anyone confirm that they have the Seagate SkyHawk health data displaying correctly within their compatible NVR? There is so little information or reference to this subject on the internet that I'm starting to doubt it actually works.

Last edited:
Back